What A Bunch Of Malarky! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

What A Bunch Of Malarky!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What A Bunch Of Malarky!

Postby JTWood » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:25 pm

Did you guys see this story on ESPN?

They predict that Renteria & Womack will go to the Cubs and that the Cards will sign Morris, Cabrera, & Polanco. I'll be damned if Jocketty lets Edgar go to the Cubs while wasting his money on Matty-Mo.

:-t
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:37 pm

Yeah I saw something like that in the top FA article on ESPN. Total BS if you ask me. They won't let Renteria go to the Cubs, if he goes anywhere I think he'll end up in the AL. Morris is as good as gone from what I've heard and Polanco better not come with a $4million per price tag. :-° Wow, didn't mean to go off quite like that. :-[ :-b
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:17 am

I saw it. I could see Edgar going to the Cubs if they drastically overpay but I doubt the Trib will. Same with Womack. Cabrera seems a reasonable plan B if Edgar doesn't come back. I like Polanco but I don't see why the Cards would pay $4 mil for a decent 2B who can't bat leadoff when they could just play Luna or Hart instead for next to nothing. Matty Mo is not coming back. Not unless he wants to pay the Cardinals. :-D

I head Jocketty on the radio the other night and he said the priority is re-signing the FA. Renteria, Matheny and Womack. Woody and Morris were not mentioned which makes me think they aren't coming back. After re-signing the FA, getting SP in next.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:02 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:I like Polanco but I don't see why the Cards would pay $4 mil for a decent 2B who can't bat leadoff when they could just play Luna or Hart instead for next to nothing.

I head Jocketty on the radio the other night and he said the priority is re-signing the FA. Renteria, Matheny and Womack. Woody and Morris were not mentioned which makes me think they aren't coming back. After re-signing the FA, getting SP in next.

That's what I keep saying. Yes, Polanco is a good 2B, but he's not what the Cardinals need. They need a solid leadoff man and a good defensive 2B. He's a good fielder, but he doesn't fit what they need offensively.

That's good news if that's in fact the case. Renteria keeps saying he loves playing in STL, and he would really endear himself to the fans more than he already has if he gave some sort of home town discount to prove it. :-)
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Return to St. Louis Cardinals