Vlad wins MVP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Vlad wins MVP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:02 pm

Nerfherders wrote:I think this is the first year that I have had no problems with any of the winners: Bay, Crosby, Cox, Showalter, Clemens, Santana, Bonds, Guererro.

Vlad's last two weeks won him the award, but winning this way is not unprecedented. When Chipper won in 1999 he had not made the All-Star game that year.

This and NL Cy were the closest races, and I can't argue either.

Same here. The only one's I really had any issue with were NL Cy and AL MVP, but both winners were more than deserving.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:37 pm

No complaints here. ;-D

Have to admit that I'm surprised Sheff finished ahead of Manny though. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:50 pm

Vlad wins as I expected. No compliants from me. He deserved it. No suprises here. All the people that I thought would win, won. THe only one I dont agree with is NL Cy Young. To me its Randy. I know there have been many debates about this.
[color=blue][size=24]2005 Fantasy Baseball Champion[/size][/color]
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:23 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
DK wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:
baseballrich wrote:No surprise here. Vlad is the best player in the game bar none (including Bonds).

It's people like you that spawn the warnings on hairdryers that say "Do not use in the shower".

ImageImageImageImage

While rude, I think that is the second funniest thing I've ever read on this site.

:-D

Dare I ask what the #1 spot is? :D

In the Battle of the Fruits, a guy mentioned that he couldn't wait to vote his favorite - cherries - through to the next round. To that, Pomplona's Finest said:

Pomplona's Finest wrote:Sorry man but cherries were taken down by strawberries in the prelims. But the oranges defeated the apples and will take on the bananas in a couple of days.

If you take it out of context, it's the funniest thing I've ever read on here. I had it as my sig for a while until I put my foot in my mouth (see below).

My current sig might just rank up there with some of the most ironic statements ever made.

yeah. i remember that it was your sig for some time. lol.

well, vlad wins ;-D

this year was less controversial than last year's awards IMO ;-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 211)

Vlad wins

Postby baseballrich » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:37 pm

Fat Boy...I mean fat guy...whatever fat is the key
Remember this is a Fantasy Baseball thread. When you look across the board I defy you to show me how Bonds is a better pick than Vlad when you are picking in the 1st round. As far as the hairdryer comment goes at least I can dry of with one towel - it seems like you would need a few.

By the way with your superior skills how many leagues did you win this year? I won 13 of 20 without Bonds in a single league
baseballrich
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:40 pm

This thread seems destined for a nice, shiny padlock doesn't it?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Vlad wins

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:47 pm

baseballrich wrote:When you look across the board I defy you to show me how Bonds is a better pick than Vlad when you are picking in the 1st round.

I guess that all depends on what kind of league you play in. I play in points leagues, and the two I played in last year each used the same scoring system for hitters. In each, Bonds outscored Vlad 725 to 597. Now, I don't know how categorical scoring would apply here, but at least from the point aspect of the fantasy world, Bonds still murders Vlad.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:29 pm

baseballrich wrote:Fat Boy...I mean fat guy...whatever fat is the key
Remember this is a Fantasy Baseball thread. When you look across the board I defy you to show me how Bonds is a better pick than Vlad when you are picking in the 1st round. As far as the hairdryer comment goes at least I can dry of with one towel - it seems like you would need a few.

By the way with your superior skills how many leagues did you win this year? I won 13 of 20 without Bonds in a single league

I realize that this is a fantasy baseball site but when you say Vlad is the best in the game. Most people interpret "game" as MLB not fantasy baseball especially when the thread is about the MVP. Seems like a miscommunication.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby Madison » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:19 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
baseballrich wrote:Fat Boy...I mean fat guy...whatever fat is the key

I realize that this is a fantasy baseball site but when you say Vlad is the best in the game. Most people interpret "game" as MLB not fantasy baseball especially when the thread is about the MVP. Seems like a miscommunication.

Pogo is correct. Best fantasy player, and best in the game are two completely different things. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby warrick95 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:15 am

Either him or Manny would've been fine. Good for Vlad.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers