Everyone knows who the top players are, but.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Everyone knows who the top players are, but....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Bloody Nipples » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:20 pm

Great post Bukoski. I had forgotten about Cabrera. He should make a good value pick.
Image
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3745
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: doing my laundry...

Postby mocabeenow » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:23 pm

Could you imagine if Podsednik improved? 8-o

I'll take him for that big upside. I think he can be the breakout all-around player of the year.

~Moc

'03 100/9/58/43/.314
'04 85/12/39/70/.244

Sophomore Slump is over. He's going to start whackin' the ball!
mocabeenow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1139
(Past Year: 191)
Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: CA

Postby wkelly91 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:52 pm

mocabeenow wrote:Could you imagine if Podsednik improved? 8-o

I'll take him for that big upside. I think he can be the breakout all-around player of the year.

~Moc

'03 100/9/58/43/.314
'04 85/12/39/70/.244

Sophomore Slump is over. He's going to start whackin' the ball!


Sophomore slump 8-o , he's already peaked :-P
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2796
Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Looking over your shoulder as you type.

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:56 pm

wkelly91 wrote:
mocabeenow wrote:Could you imagine if Podsednik improved? 8-o

I'll take him for that big upside. I think he can be the breakout all-around player of the year.

~Moc

'03 100/9/58/43/.314
'04 85/12/39/70/.244

Sophomore Slump is over. He's going to start whackin' the ball!


Sophomore slump 8-o , he's already peaked :-P

Exactly, he'll be 29 next year on a pretty bad team in Milwaukee. He was somewhere around a .260-.270 lifetime Minor league hitter then all of a sudden hitting .314 in the majors. Defenitely looks like a one year wonder to me. He'll still get you the steals but not much else.
Image
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5540
Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Maybe next year...

Postby pgbridge2000 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:48 pm

does mora have any other eligibility in most leagues, because I wasn't sure if he got any at-bats at other positions (he is a utility guy that in the past moved around for X number of games a year)
There are 3 ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way!
Image
pgbridge2000
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 98
Joined: 20 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: My Computer

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:03 pm

pgbridge2000 wrote:does mora have any other eligibility in most leagues, because I wasn't sure if he got any at-bats at other positions (he is a utility guy that in the past moved around for X number of games a year)

Nope, unfortunately he's just 3B.
Image
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5540
Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Maybe next year...

Postby Rico The Retard » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:39 pm

Kazmir should be on there
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5820
Joined: 16 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Magical Valley Of Love And Happiness

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:45 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:
pgbridge2000 wrote:does mora have any other eligibility in most leagues, because I wasn't sure if he got any at-bats at other positions (he is a utility guy that in the past moved around for X number of games a year)

Nope, unfortunately he's just 3B.


I think I heard they're going to move him to LF next year, or was that someone else? :-? If that is the case he'll have OF eligibility after the first couple of weeks of '05, not much better, but helps some I guess.
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

Postby Bloody Nipples » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:39 am

I will add Dejesus to the list. As Beltran's replacement he struggled at first, but really turned it on the last month of the season.
Image
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3745
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: doing my laundry...

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:18 am

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
Mustangs989 wrote:
pgbridge2000 wrote:does mora have any other eligibility in most leagues, because I wasn't sure if he got any at-bats at other positions (he is a utility guy that in the past moved around for X number of games a year)

Nope, unfortunately he's just 3B.


I think I heard they're going to move him to LF next year, or was that someone else? :-? If that is the case he'll have OF eligibility after the first couple of weeks of '05, not much better, but helps some I guess.


O's are talking like he's set at 3b, saying they will not be looking at any of the free agent 3B, but will focus on OF and 1B in free agents.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 5516
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Happy Valley

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ray Zorback and 17 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Atlanta
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at NY Yankees
(12:35 pm)
Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Detroit
(1:10 pm)
Cleveland at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:05 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Texas
(7:05 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(7:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at LA Angels
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Oakland
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
Colorado at Colorado
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact