2%
Pudge
4%
someone else...
No votes

Total votes : 53

Re: Not Vlads Brother

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:50 pm

baseballrich wrote:I've seen him play many times. When he gets a pitch to hit he crushes it. By the way he has the best arm in the game and plays a pretty good OF. His 600 AB's certainly have more of an impact than Bonds 375...I'm not sure why no one else see's the advantage of 25% moe AB's???
Actually it is more like 40% more offical AB. No on else sees an advantage cause in those extra 239 offical AB, Vlad makes around 158 outs. Bonds - .600 OBP
Vlad - .400 OBP
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:34 pm

baseballrich wrote:I've seen him play many times. When he gets a pitch to hit he crushes it. By the way he has the best arm in the game and plays a pretty good OF. His 600 AB's certainly have more of an impact than Bonds 375...I'm not sure why no one else see's the advantage of 25% moe AB's???

He may well have the strongest arm, but it is not the best arm. There are at least a half dozen RF arms I would rather have.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:00 pm

Tavish wrote:

He may well have the strongest arm, but it is not the best arm. There are at least a half dozen RF arms I would rather have.

I can think of three or four maybe off the top of my head, but who are the others? :-[
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Tavish » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:45 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
Tavish wrote:

I can think of three or four maybe off the top of my head, but who are the others? :-[

I would put Sheffield, Magglio, Dye, and Walker above Vlad's arm. Nixon and Ichiro would be slightly below Vlad's arm but they play a better RF than Vlad so they don't have to use the arm quite as much. Vlad's arm is probably the strongest out of them all (Dye's is likely the closest), but he can be very erratic and uses it in many situations that he shouldn't.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Re: Vlad

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:20 pm

baseballrich wrote:He is the best player going bar none In The fantasy world he tops everyone because of SB's and RBI's - In the real world he tops everyone because of defense and arm strenght-quality. By the time he is 42 he will be passing Bonds easily

You either overvalue Vlad, or undervalue Bonds. As good as Vlad is, he won't ever come close to Bonds at any age.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers