Postby mocabeenow » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:36 am

i would take Piazza in a second if he gets traded to the AL ;-D
mocabeenow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 191)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:17 pm

mocabeenow wrote:i would take Piazza in a second if he gets traded to the AL ;-D

yea he would definitely shoot up my draft lists.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Zito is God » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:38 pm

I think Washburn is worth something. Hes got mediocre stuff, and its better then most of the Mets pitching staff anyways. They are losing Leiter and need a replacement. and I can see Guillen going only if the Sosa trades goes through.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby rlee » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:24 pm

The Washburn/Guillen/cash for Piazza deal makes sense for both parties. I agree with Amazin' that Piazza probably wants out. I just think he's had enough with the Mets ... finish his career on a high somewhere B-) The Angels want Guillen gone, and Wasburn probably has outlived his usefulness there too.

From the Mets standpoint, Washburn has value to them IF they lose Leiter and/or Benson. Guillen could be the corner outfielder they thought Floyd would be. So maybe .... :-?
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby acsguitar » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:26 pm

I still would worry about Piazza getting injured...it seems to always happen behind the plate or not.

Washburn and Guillen for him seems like a good deal to me
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Viper8437 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:24 pm

i like :-D
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby perlick29 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:28 pm

Question: If Piazza lands in the AL? where does his value lie for the C position which he qualifies for? Any new projections if it goes through?
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:50 pm

Zito is God wrote:and I can see Guillen going only if the Sosa trades goes through.

I think that's off the mark. I don't see the Mets trading for both Sosa and Guillen. If they trade for Guillen the Sosa deal dies. If they trade for Sosa they might still deal Piazza to the Angels but it would involve one or more of Washburn, Ortiz and Erstad.

perlick29 wrote:Question: If Piazza lands in the AL? where does his value lie for the C position which he qualifies for? Any new projections if it goes through?

If Piazza lands in Anaheim I think he will be the steal of the draft as far catchers go. People will still be wary of him but a healthy Piazza hitting for a full season in that lineup will be pretty valuable IMO.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers