What the Cafe' Should do this Offseason - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What the Cafe' Should do this Offseason

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wkelly91 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:11 am

Rico The Retard wrote:i think i would be a good sleeper in the late rounds, i have all this potential that i am just waiting to let out

Kind of like Calvin Pickering :-o
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pgbridge2000 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:42 pm

There are rules!!!! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN!!! I was completely uninformed of any rules!
There are 3 ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way!
pgbridge2000
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:40 am

StlSluggers wrote:On a serious note, we could establish a group that helps newbs to the forum get associated with the rules, nuances, etc?

We would like all our members help out the new people to the site. We really don't need a special group for that. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:59 am

eftda wrote:what about a 'special group' that Rico could get some help in ;-)

I'm still trying to work out a deal to send him and SoxFanatic over to the football side in exchange for a marble. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby LBJackal » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:15 am

pgbridge2000 wrote:There are rules!!!! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN!!! I was completely uninformed of any rules!

This isn't 'nam, there are rules!

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Jivedude » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:56 am

LBJackal wrote:
pgbridge2000 wrote:There are rules!!!! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN!!! I was completely uninformed of any rules!

This isn't 'nam, there are rules!

You're out of your element here LBJackal!
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jonnyblack » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:29 pm

don't leave me out, guys. I may not have madison like numbers (or time), but i am a cagy veteran and my years of service with the cafe could match up with just about anyone. Everyone knows madison is a lock for the first pick. but let me throw in Jive dude for a high first rounder. The avatar with hasselhoff and gary coleman alone warrants him consideration in the top three.

Trevisc should be there too, though he has a history of extended visits to the DL, a fact that should decrease his value somewhat. I'd say 8th or 9th pick.

As far as a "New Member Committee," What sets of rules do we veterans follow? Many of us are guilty of misguided posts or drunken flame fests every once in awhile. I say we keep the cafe capitalist, let the market decide the rules. usually when i get out of line, i get ripped so bad i don't want to do it again, at least for a week or so. here, the market has decided an acceptable set of parameters. like "poop" is ok but you are borderline when you type "shit."

That's what I learned in school, and by the way, i did talk to my kindergarten teacher. She said she'd be willing to waive her no trade clause and come over (with two shoelaces and a vast knowledge of how to tie them) to the baseball cafe for rico and sox. What do you guys think? If we really work at it, maybe madison can sweet talk them and we can get the marble thrown in too.
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers