Your top SP's for next season - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Your top SP's for next season

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thetongueofire » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:48 pm

i agree on Pavano. even if he stays in the NL. apart from a low babip which i believe to be due to luck/good D, the main thing that kept his era down was the low HR/9 which will go up outside Pro player, especially in the AL.

<pre>
K/9 BB/9 HR/9 BABIP ERA
02-03 6.0 2.5 1.0 .303 4.65
y2004 5.6 2.0 .65 .283 3.00
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:52 pm

If Pavano is able to get back together with Alyssa Milano then I think he could break into my top 10 fantasy starters.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby thetongueofire » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:00 pm

Tavish wrote:If Pavano is able to get back together with Alyssa Milano then I think he could break into my top 10 fantasy starters.

lmao. :-b
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:44 pm

ensanimal wrote:my question would be, where do you start to draft these guys. would you jump on any in the mid 2nd round, or wait to see which would be available mid 3rd? how long do you wait to get your ace? :-?

I, for the first time, drafted a pitcher in the second round last year, and I won't do it again. Too much risk.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Jury » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:32 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
ensanimal wrote:my question would be, where do you start to draft these guys. would you jump on any in the mid 2nd round, or wait to see which would be available mid 3rd? how long do you wait to get your ace? :-?

I, for the first time, drafted a pitcher in the second round last year, and I won't do it again. Too much risk.

As did I, and Prior screwed me.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bukoski77 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:36 am

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:I agree about the round to take them. I can't think of too many I would want to take in the first round or even second really. Santana is probably the only one, and I wouldn't want to take him that high. On a side note, is anyone as hesitant about Santana as I am? I mean the guy had a great season no doubt, but there's no way he's this good is he? :-/

I cant think of anything to knock him down a peg other than last years second half is all but impossible to top. He is an elite pitcher. I dont take pitchers before the 2nd round anymore, but if I were to break he would probably be the one I went for.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:37 am

Santana is a mid/late 2nd rounder next year in my book. Though I would imagine he'll be drafted by that time.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:18 am

slomo007 wrote:Santana is a mid/late 2nd rounder next year in my book. Though I would imagine he'll be drafted by that time.

I would maybe take him in the second round, but I can't see any way that he will be there that late.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby chefref22 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:16 am

i'm very surprised to see that no one has mentioned clemens in this thread yet.last i checked,he's not retired and is coming back for another year in houston.i have him ranked as the #10 SP right now for next year.
chefref22
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:36 am

Tavish wrote:If Pavano is able to get back together with Alyssa Milano then I think he could break into my top 10 fantasy starters.

yes pavano has fallen off my top 10 charts due to the loss of milano but zito has moved to #10 due to being seen with Ms. Milano quite a bit the last couple of weeks...... :-D :-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers