A List of players and your opinions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A List of players and your opinions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:41 am

thetongueofire wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:
thetongueofire wrote:seems like everyone in this thread is sleeping on Escobar. good power pitcher. almost gets a K an inning. second full season as starter, on a very good team so probably high wins. allows few HR's. his walks have gone down for the past three years. i like him.

he's too inconsistent. he can be a genius and he can have a terrible outing all in the same week. i tend to stay away from kelvin. he has great stuff, but i dunno why sometimes he forgets how to pitch. :-o you would figure he would get more wins being an angel, but in fact he won more games in 2003 with the jays.
wins are a total crapshoot. last year he was bottom 5 in run support. chances of that happening again thsi year with the Angels are very small.

the number of walks did decline this year, but the number of HRs doubled.
lol.. you prolly read it wrong. ;-) his HR/9 last year was 0.9, which is same as Santana last year(not really that relevant tho) and better than a huge majority of SP.

yup, u are right on the HR/9, it didn't double, i looked at the wrong year, still, it increased, but saying that his ratio is close to johan's isn't much, cuz johan does give up some homers, he's no matt morris, but he gives up a few every now and then ;-D

well, run support isn't the pitcher's fault, but escobar had only 2 seasons with more wins than losses in the last 6 years. this could mean that he's inconsistent and has a high number of bad outings wich translate into losses. but if i said that, i would be including ben sheets in the same category of inconsistent picthers. however, i think sheets is a diferent case, he's prolly coming into his own now and escobar, although being only two years older than sheets, has been in the big leagues a lot longer.

escobar's WHIP still worries me. i think of him as a picther with great stuff, as i said before, but who can put up only average fantasy numbers during an entire season.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Erboes » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:26 pm

thetongueofire wrote:seems like everyone in this thread is sleeping on Escobar. good power pitcher. almost gets a K an inning. second full season as starter, on a very good team so probably high wins. allows few HR's. his walks have gone down for the past three years. i like him.

and Bonderman could easily post an era around/under 4. with his K's, he should be a good option for next year. but a lot of people think he'll break out so i dunno if he'll be overrated or not come draft day. in a keeper, he's da bomb. only 22.

I agree 100% on this fellas fine analysis. Escobar is a solid option next season as long as he is not over priced. The same with Bonderman. There's a ton of pitching that can be had in the middle to late rounds and these two two are prime bargains if they are still there at that point. Both improved as the second half went along and I like them a lot.

Hey, you guys want to know who is going to be very good next season at a very good price? Bartolo Colon. His name is mud in most circles so he should be available somewhere in the middle rounds in mixed drafts. Great bargain pick.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:24 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
;-D

great analysis! agree with u in most things. it sucks that bay got ROY, that will definetly make him go early, which is maybe a good thing, cuz someone will pick him too early. ;-D

i think maybe batista will go around 15-17, i know 3B will be deep next year, but he did knock in 100 RBIs this year.

but good job raider's ump ;-D

raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers