A List of players and your opinions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A List of players and your opinions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A List of players and your opinions

Postby Rico The Retard » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:37 pm

I was wondering on these players and i would like to know what is the range (like what round in the draft) that you guys would take each of these players in if it were to be a 5x5 12 team keeper league

Tony Batista
Lew Ford
Jason Bay
Brian Roberts
Ray Durham
Jason Kendall
Jeremy Bonderman
Guillermo Mota
BJ Ryan
Kelvim Escobar
Jake Westbrook
Brian Lawrence
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby grammysboy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:38 am

I'd be careful with Roberts. He's at a very shallow position. He had 28 or 29 SB last season, but only about 8 after June 1. Plus he was thrown out more than he was successful. On the other hand, his offensive numbers were pretty good. If he keeps the 2B job full time next season he might be worth a mid-round pick, 13-17th.

Lots of good things being said about Bonderman, like he will break-out this season. I'm going to watch him in ST and consider him for late round pitching spots. We use an auction and I don't foresee bidding more than $3 for Jeremy, maybe even less.

I'm thinking Lew Ford may be the real deal. In our auction, I will bid at least a league average of $10 on him and plan to keep him for the following year.

I think Kendall may be on the downhill. He was never much for power to begin with, and his SB are off some so his value is diminished.
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby roadrunner » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:17 am

i think you could hold off on most of these guys if not all until at least the middle rounds. lew ford and maybe bonderman or jason bay even but i'd say the rest are interchangeable with just about any middle of the draft players that will still be available.
roadrunner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kentx12 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:29 am

Tony Batista
Lew Ford
Jason Bay
Brian Roberts
Ray Durham
Jason Kendall
Jeremy Bonderman
Guillermo Mota
BJ Ryan
Kelvim Escobar
Jake Westbrook
Brian Lawrence

depending on Benitez I think Mota could be a good pick. As for the others I dont see any of them going till after the 10th round and probably later.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Re: A List of players and your opinions

Postby wkelly91 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:15 am

Rico The Retard wrote:I was wondering on these players and i would like to know what is the range (like what round in the draft) that you guys would take each of these players in if it were to be a 5x5 12 team keeper league

Tony Batista- very late 25-30
Lew Ford- 15-20
Jason Bay- 10-15 (May go too soon, very hyped)
Brian Roberts- 15-20 (May go sooner due to scarcity, I wouldn't)
Ray Durham- 5-10 (Again scarcity, will go too soon)
Jason Kendall- 10-15
Jeremy Bonderman 15-20
Guillermo Mota- Depends if he is named a closer.
BJ Ryan- Ditto
Kelvim Escobar- 10-20
Jake Westbrook-15-20
Brian Lawrence 15-20

IMO ;-)
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:11 am

Tony Batista----------round 20 or so...3b depth really hurts his position.....
Lew Ford--------------round 15...i think he is going to be a real good player .....
Jason Bay------------round 8...i would not pick him this high but with his ROY honors he will be picked well before i want to pick him...
Brian Roberts--------round 12...position scarcity will send him off the boards before he should go......
Ray Durham---------round 10...again position scarcity will pick him before his actual time....
Jason Kendall--------round 20....his best days are behind him imo...
Jeremy Bonderman--round 15...he had a great last 2 months of the season, and will be a good sleeper for this year.....
Guillermo Mota------round 18...if not named closer, round 8 if he is named closer...either way u will get good stats from him but in 5x5 he is really only valuable to you if he is closing......
BJ Ryan-------------same as above....
Kelvim Escobar-----round 15...would be a great 4or 5 pitcher on a fantasy squad......
Jake Westbrook-----ditto above
Brian Lawrence------ditto above
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:11 am

raiders_umpire wrote:Tony Batista----------round 20 or so...3b depth really hurts his position.....
Lew Ford--------------round 15...i think he is going to be a real good player .....
Jason Bay------------round 8...i would not pick him this high but with his ROY honors he will be picked well before i want to pick him...
Brian Roberts--------round 12...position scarcity will send him off the boards before he should go......
Ray Durham---------round 10...again position scarcity will pick him before his actual time....
Jason Kendall--------round 20....his best days are behind him imo...
Jeremy Bonderman--round 15...he had a great last 2 months of the season, and will be a good sleeper for this year.....
Guillermo Mota------round 18...if not named closer, round 8 if he is named closer...either way u will get good stats from him but in 5x5 he is really only valuable to you if he is closing......
BJ Ryan-------------same as above....
Kelvim Escobar-----round 15...would be a great 4or 5 pitcher on a fantasy squad......
Jake Westbrook-----ditto above
Brian Lawrence------ditto above

;-D

great analysis! agree with u in most things. it sucks that bay got ROY, that will definetly make him go early, which is maybe a good thing, cuz someone will pick him too early. ;-D

i think maybe batista will go around 15-17, i know 3B will be deep next year, but he did knock in 100 RBIs this year.

but good job raider's ump ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby thetongueofire » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:58 am

seems like everyone in this thread is sleeping on Escobar. good power pitcher. almost gets a K an inning. second full season as starter, on a very good team so probably high wins. allows few HR's. his walks have gone down for the past three years. i like him.

and Bonderman could easily post an era around/under 4. with his K's, he should be a good option for next year. but a lot of people think he'll break out so i dunno if he'll be overrated or not come draft day. in a keeper, he's da bomb. only 22.
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:07 am

thetongueofire wrote:seems like everyone in this thread is sleeping on Escobar. good power pitcher. almost gets a K an inning. second full season as starter, on a very good team so probably high wins. allows few HR's. his walks have gone down for the past three years. i like him.

he's too inconsistent. he can be a genius and he can have a terrible outing all in the same week. i tend to stay away from kelvin. he has great stuff, but i dunno why sometimes he forgets how to pitch. :-o you would figure he would get more wins being an angel, but in fact he won more games in 2003 with the jays. the number of walks did decline this year, but the number of HRs doubled.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby thetongueofire » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:17 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:
thetongueofire wrote:seems like everyone in this thread is sleeping on Escobar. good power pitcher. almost gets a K an inning. second full season as starter, on a very good team so probably high wins. allows few HR's. his walks have gone down for the past three years. i like him.

he's too inconsistent. he can be a genius and he can have a terrible outing all in the same week. i tend to stay away from kelvin. he has great stuff, but i dunno why sometimes he forgets how to pitch. :-o you would figure he would get more wins being an angel, but in fact he won more games in 2003 with the jays.
wins are a total crapshoot. last year he was bottom 5 in run support. chances of that happening again thsi year with the Angels are very small.

the number of walks did decline this year, but the number of HRs doubled.
lol.. you prolly read it wrong. ;-) his HR/9 last year was 0.9, which is same as Santana last year(not really that relevant tho) and better than a huge majority of SP.
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers