If I were the Boston Red Sox? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

If I were the Boston Red Sox?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

If I were the Boston Red Sox?

Postby kdawg » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:05 pm

First, I cant wait for next year. It feels so good to final say that. Anyone, if I were Theo, this would be my plan for the offseason:

1. Sign Glaus and move him to 1B.
2. Trade Nixon for Mulder. I really think this is possible. You may have to throw in a prospect. Might even be able to get Hudson.
3. Resign Mirabelli is a must.
4. Cabrera is going to be a Met. Boston fans need to accept this. I was estatic when Boston got him at the trading deadline but Minya is going to give him more than Boston wants to give.
5. Sign Vizquel and Larkin.
6. Sign Radke. Rotation of Schilling, Mudler or Hudson, Radke, Wakefield, Arroyo. I smell another WS.

Whatever the do......IN THEO, RED SOX NATION TRUST (JUST LIKE BILL).
kdawg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kdawg » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:08 pm

actually, instead of vizquel, I think I would go after Guzman.
kdawg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: If I were the Boston Red Sox?

Postby DK » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:17 pm

kdawg wrote:4. Cabrera is going to be a Met. Boston fans need to accept this. I was estatic when Boston got him at the trading deadline but Minya is going to give him more than Boston wants to give.

Right, and where are we going to put him? At short, where Reyes has the lock for ten years? At second, where Matsui's going to play for $10 million? At third, where Wright has the same situation as Reyes?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:18 pm

DK wrote:
kdawg wrote:4. Cabrera is going to be a Met. Boston fans need to accept this. I was estatic when Boston got him at the trading deadline but Minya is going to give him more than Boston wants to give.

Right, and where are we going to put him? At short, where Reyes has the lock for ten years? At second, where Matsui's going to play for $10 million? At third, where Wright has the same situation as Reyes?

You could put him at first, maybe, unless they try the Piazza experiment again.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby domination » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:26 pm

ok some ideas there but;

1 glaus at first? they have enough guys to play 1b/dh, the sox don't need to shell out extra cash for glaus if millar/ortiz/doug M can do the job.

2 the A's like bronson or youkilis the sox will have to make a convincing deal outa this, also they should consider zito, who is a much needed lefty and has 2 years on his contract instead of 1 for hudson.

3 I like mirabelli also, but they still might get v-tek. Tek was asking way to much and no team is going to give it to him. After he gets offers from other teams he will prob take the sox offer.

4 cabrera is gone unless they cant sign anyone else and have cash and they might forget hanley.

5 vizquel is close to a deal with chisox, there are beter people then larkin, but he is still a possibility.

6 i'd rather have pavano/clement, or a number of other quality pitchers radke is also asking a bit to much for the sox money issues.
domination
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kdawg » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:27 pm

I think Mets are going to move Reyes and move Matsui to 2B. Moving Reyes, they will try and get Soriano.
kdawg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:29 pm

kdawg wrote:I think Mets are going to move Reyes and move Matsui to 2B. Moving Reyes, they will try and get Soriano.

I actually think that they might move Reyes in the right deal. Signing Cabrera, moving Kaz to 2B, and trading Reyes makes some sense.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby kentx12 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:30 pm

DK wrote:

I agree with Dk. I dont see him going to the Mets..
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby roadrunner » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:38 am

word down here in phoenix on local sports radio claims the mets are interested in sexson and vise versa, if that happens i bet the piazza expirement will be over. also heard the dodgers maybe intersted in piazza.
roadrunner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Zito is God » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:47 am

A's wouldn't want Youkilis, remmember that huge contract Chavez got last year?

I think they definetly sign Vizquel, let Cabrera go (cross fingers, maybe he signs with the Indians :-D ).

Mirabelli? Hes not great at anything really , just catches. I think they have a chance to get Ramon Hernandez cheaply

A's will never let Mulder go btw.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers