boone- is it worth the inconcistency? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

boone- is it worth the inconcistency?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

boone- is it worth the inconcistency?

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:59 am

bret boone was arguably one of the best infielders last year, pulling in 141 RBI and hitting .331. This year, boone has gotten off to a shaky start, so i dont know if its worth picking him up. Right now i have junior spivey playing second base, but i dont know if boone will turn it around... is it worth a try, or will boone never be able to compare to his 2001 stats?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby ntremain23 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:59 pm

If you don't think that 20 HR's and 81 RBI's arent good numbers for a second basemen then you got problems.LOL,just joking.But what I think,with Boone,is everyone was expecting him to put up huge numbers after his career year in 2001.But what they are failing to see is that he's putting together a solid season.Know I know he's hitting .258,but he's never been an average hitter.I think he's a realyl good pickup if it's possible to get him.
N Tremain
ntremain23

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SirStanley » Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:33 pm

Well since the allstar break Boone is hitting .326 with 8HR and 28RBI so he is looking like the Boone of last year..

Spivey, since the allstar break is hitting .310 with 3HR adn 16RBI...I will take Boone for the rest of this season.
SirStanley
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Arlo » Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:07 pm

I agree - ride Boone while he's hot. If you're expecting mvp-caliber numbers, you're setting yourself up for a disappointment, but if above average (and potentially significantly higher than average) production from the 2b position sounds good, then he's your man.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers