Cashman...First it was Neagle...then Weaver...then Vaz - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cashman...First it was Neagle...then Weaver...then Vaz

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:05 am

because I don't consider it much of a gamble. I'm confident in Vaz coming back strong.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:10 am

Viper8437 wrote:i find it funny that the yankees are going after milton and leiter
i mean, milton has a great ERA and is the complete opposite of what the current yankees pitchers are like except for maybe one or two
then leiter is the perfect guy
hes able to go deep into innings and give the yankees bullpen the rest they will most likely need next year
;-)

Haha, yeah. I sure am glad the Yanks are going for the right guys. Just like the Mets do every year....I sure wish we could learn a thing or two from them...
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:11 am

Why? What in the gopher balls all year...the mound presense which was exuding no confidence and an "I am going to get shelled" look, the meltdown in the 2nd half, the post-season awfulness, etc. makes you think this guy is anything but at best a 50-50 gamble at this point? He is not in Montreal pitching for 3000 somewhat interested fans anymore.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Zito is God » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:33 am

Hes got talent, that can't be aquired, confidence can. I remmember when my freinds and I nicknamed him the "strikeout-machine" cause he was K-ing everyone back in Montreal when he had his confidence. Vaz is one of my favs and I think he's just a little too young and confused to be under the NY pressure, I would keep him and let him work with the coaches/psychologists. Talent doesn't just fade away...ever.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Viper8437 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:44 am

ajgnydc722 wrote:
Viper8437 wrote:i find it funny that the yankees are going after milton and leiter
i mean, milton has a great ERA and is the complete opposite of what the current yankees pitchers are like except for maybe one or two
hes able to go deep into innings and give the yankees bullpen the rest they will most likely need next year
;-)

Haha, yeah. I sure am glad the Yanks are going for the right guys. Just like the Mets do every year....I sure wish we could learn a thing or two from them...

Well
at least the mets dont overpay for the wrong people (except mo)
whats the yankees payroll
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:51 am

Viper8437 wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:
;-)

Well

Really. Selective memory is a wonderful thing. Rey Ordonez for how much? Tom Glavine...Cliff Floyd...Robbie Alomar...Kaz Matsui...Stanton...all fine investments indeed.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:32 am

WharfRat wrote:Bring back Gene Michael, says I. He stood up to Steinbrenner. Cashman and his crew has become Steinbrenner's little monkey boys, I'm convinced.

WharfRat wrote:The Yankees built a dynasty with Stein because the baseball guys did their jobs and stood up to George when they had to (and Boggs helped too, of course).

Gene Michael was a great GM and Watson was not bad he was just the fall guy for '97. But these guys built the foundation without interference by Steinbrenner.

Vincent banned Steinbrenner from baseball in 1990 because of the whole Spira incident and even though he was reinstated in 1993 he wasn't involved in baseball operations until 1995.

From '90-'95 w/o Steinbrenner's involvement Michaels built that team that went on the run from '96-'00.

Cashman may be a great GM but we'll probably never know until he gets canned and goes to another team. King George is almost certainly calling the shots again. Welcome to the '80s.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Viper8437 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:38 am

TheYanks04 wrote:
Viper8437 wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:
;-)

Well

Really. Selective memory is a wonderful thing. Rey Ordonez for how much? Tom Glavine...Cliff Floyd...Robbie Alomar...Kaz Matsui...Stanton...all fine investments indeed.

Dont forget
How were the Mets supposed to know that those players were gonna do bad?
i mean did anyone suspect that Alomar was going to flop?
and since when was Stanton bad
if the mets pay a lot for players, thye make sure they were at least good before hand
i mean leiter and milton? we already know that milton basically sucks and leiter has passed his prime
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pacman » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:14 am

Hey Blankman, we may be worlds apart when it comes to our favorite baseball teams, but we are on EXACLY the SAME PAGE when it comes to Elisha Cuthbert.

She's as hot as it gets.

Not sure if you've ever seen this photo of her:

Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Walden warriors » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:22 am

What would you do with $189 million? I know what I'd do...

a.) assemble the greatest baseball team ever assembled
b.) bail out a third world country

Brian Cashman doesn't have clue one how to generall manage.
Does your league need a quality, outside review of your league rulebook? Does your league not have a written rulebook? Contact me! I can help.
Walden warriors
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers