Soriano - one selfish ball player - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano - one selfish ball player

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Soriano - one selfish ball player

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:34 pm

This was posted on Rotoworld:

Second baseman Alfonso Soriano isn't at all interested in switching positions for a new team.
Everyone looking to trade for Soriano seems to want him as an outfielder. "I think if that is the reason that a team gets me, it's going to be a little bit difficult, because I'm not going to give up my position," Soriano said. "I'm not going to pass to another position. I'm going to play second base." Soriano has no trade protection, but if he is dead set against switching positions, no team is going to acquire him and force him to move.

You talk about a guy interested only in his stats and himself.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:56 pm

I don't know. with 2b being so shallow, he is probably wise to want to stay there. Maybe he could help a team in the OF, but there's no one better when Sori breaks out. Let him stay at 2nd I say, he'll be happier and will hit better.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:00 pm

His wife said he was prepared to retire if he can't play 2B. :-?
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TonyCee » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:00 pm

Maybe the guy doesn't wanted to keep getting traded from team to team, nothing wrong with that I guess.
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Soriano - one selfish ball player

Postby DK » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:24 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:This was posted on Rotoworld:

Second baseman Alfonso Soriano isn't at all interested in switching positions for a new team.
Everyone looking to trade for Soriano seems to want him as an outfielder. "I think if that is the reason that a team gets me, it's going to be a little bit difficult, because I'm not going to give up my position," Soriano said. "I'm not going to pass to another position. I'm going to play second base." Soriano has no trade protection, but if he is dead set against switching positions, no team is going to acquire him and force him to move.

Would you say Jeter not moving from short to second for A-Rod is the same kind of selfish guy? Interested only in himself?

Just wondering. :)
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Pacman » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:48 pm

DK wrote:

Would you say Jeter not moving from short to second for A-Rod is the same kind of selfish guy? Interested only in himself?

An aboslutely PERFECT response, DK. ;-D

Bravo. }:-)
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Subversive » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:56 pm

DK wrote:

EXACTLY what I was thinking. Stupid thought stealing bastard.
Bah, humbug.
Subversive
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blankman » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:57 pm

Amazinz wrote:His wife said he was prepared to retire if he can't play 2B. :-?

Probably an empty threat.

I'd doubt he has enough money now to last him the rest of his life, does he?

He's probably close, but he couldn't afford everything he'd like to I'm sure.

I completely understand Soriano's position. The Yankees moved him from SS to 2B and he's spent a lot of time learning that new position. To make him move and learn another new position is pretty tough.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby blankman » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:58 pm

DK wrote:

Derek Jeter did just win a Gold Glove. Be careful of what you say about him now ;-) :-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Zito is God » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:59 pm

I never liked Soriano and always thought he was one of the cockiest players today. That bieng said I understand his position, why would you want to give up your position you've been playing (and succeeding at) for years?

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers