Soriano - one selfish ball player - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano - one selfish ball player

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Soriano - one selfish ball player

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:34 pm

This was posted on Rotoworld:

Second baseman Alfonso Soriano isn't at all interested in switching positions for a new team.
Everyone looking to trade for Soriano seems to want him as an outfielder. "I think if that is the reason that a team gets me, it's going to be a little bit difficult, because I'm not going to give up my position," Soriano said. "I'm not going to pass to another position. I'm going to play second base." Soriano has no trade protection, but if he is dead set against switching positions, no team is going to acquire him and force him to move.




You talk about a guy interested only in his stats and himself.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:56 pm

I don't know. with 2b being so shallow, he is probably wise to want to stay there. Maybe he could help a team in the OF, but there's no one better when Sori breaks out. Let him stay at 2nd I say, he'll be happier and will hit better.
Image
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4810
Joined: 10 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: praising the almighty Baseball Prospectus

Postby Amazinz » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:00 pm

His wife said he was prepared to retire if he can't play 2B. :-?
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby TonyCee » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:00 pm

Maybe the guy doesn't wanted to keep getting traded from team to team, nothing wrong with that I guess.
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1068
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Soriano - one selfish ball player

Postby DK » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:24 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:This was posted on Rotoworld:

Second baseman Alfonso Soriano isn't at all interested in switching positions for a new team.
Everyone looking to trade for Soriano seems to want him as an outfielder. "I think if that is the reason that a team gets me, it's going to be a little bit difficult, because I'm not going to give up my position," Soriano said. "I'm not going to pass to another position. I'm going to play second base." Soriano has no trade protection, but if he is dead set against switching positions, no team is going to acquire him and force him to move.




You talk about a guy interested only in his stats and himself.


Would you say Jeter not moving from short to second for A-Rod is the same kind of selfish guy? Interested only in himself?

Just wondering. :)
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Re: Soriano - one selfish ball player

Postby Pacman » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:48 pm

DK wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:This was posted on Rotoworld:

Second baseman Alfonso Soriano isn't at all interested in switching positions for a new team.
Everyone looking to trade for Soriano seems to want him as an outfielder. "I think if that is the reason that a team gets me, it's going to be a little bit difficult, because I'm not going to give up my position," Soriano said. "I'm not going to pass to another position. I'm going to play second base." Soriano has no trade protection, but if he is dead set against switching positions, no team is going to acquire him and force him to move.




You talk about a guy interested only in his stats and himself.


Would you say Jeter not moving from short to second for A-Rod is the same kind of selfish guy? Interested only in himself?

Just wondering. :)




An aboslutely PERFECT response, DK. ;-D

Bravo. }:-)
Image
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2569
Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Birthplace of the US Navy

Re: Soriano - one selfish ball player

Postby Subversive » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:56 pm

DK wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:This was posted on Rotoworld:

Second baseman Alfonso Soriano isn't at all interested in switching positions for a new team.
Everyone looking to trade for Soriano seems to want him as an outfielder. "I think if that is the reason that a team gets me, it's going to be a little bit difficult, because I'm not going to give up my position," Soriano said. "I'm not going to pass to another position. I'm going to play second base." Soriano has no trade protection, but if he is dead set against switching positions, no team is going to acquire him and force him to move.




You talk about a guy interested only in his stats and himself.


Would you say Jeter not moving from short to second for A-Rod is the same kind of selfish guy? Interested only in himself?

Just wondering. :)


EXACTLY what I was thinking. Stupid thought stealing bastard.
Bah, humbug.
Subversive
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 437
Joined: 29 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Alberta

Postby blankman » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:57 pm

Amazinz wrote:His wife said he was prepared to retire if he can't play 2B. :-?


Probably an empty threat.

I'd doubt he has enough money now to last him the rest of his life, does he?

He's probably close, but he couldn't afford everything he'd like to I'm sure.

I completely understand Soriano's position. The Yankees moved him from SS to 2B and he's spent a lot of time learning that new position. To make him move and learn another new position is pretty tough.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Soriano - one selfish ball player

Postby blankman » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:58 pm

DK wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:This was posted on Rotoworld:

Second baseman Alfonso Soriano isn't at all interested in switching positions for a new team.
Everyone looking to trade for Soriano seems to want him as an outfielder. "I think if that is the reason that a team gets me, it's going to be a little bit difficult, because I'm not going to give up my position," Soriano said. "I'm not going to pass to another position. I'm going to play second base." Soriano has no trade protection, but if he is dead set against switching positions, no team is going to acquire him and force him to move.




You talk about a guy interested only in his stats and himself.


Would you say Jeter not moving from short to second for A-Rod is the same kind of selfish guy? Interested only in himself?

Just wondering. :)


Derek Jeter did just win a Gold Glove. Be careful of what you say about him now ;-) :-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:59 pm

I never liked Soriano and always thought he was one of the cockiest players today. That bieng said I understand his position, why would you want to give up your position you've been playing (and succeeding at) for years?
Image

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4169
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Secretly advising Cashman.

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 16:21 hours
(and 89 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact