But drugs are illegal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

But drugs are illegal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:15 pm

Madison wrote:Tax stamps? I say bust the people that come in to buy the tax stamps to begin with. :-°

Stronger penalties should be enforced without having to go to this length to do it. Simply jail them and leave them there. No more getting out for good behavior, etc. Let them rot.

As to the kid, someone shoot him. Lol. :-b

That's what I was thinking. If the stamps are for the sale of illegal drugs, why not just arrest them on the spot or follow them home??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:27 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:Tax stamps? I say bust the people that come in to buy the tax stamps to begin with. :-°

Stronger penalties should be enforced without having to go to this length to do it. Simply jail them and leave them there. No more getting out for good behavior, etc. Let them rot.

That's what I was thinking. If the stamps are for the sale of illegal drugs, why not just arrest them on the spot or follow them home??

b/c then they would stop coming in for tax stamps.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:36 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

So the war on drugs is BS as long as the government gets their tax $$?? :-t
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:41 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

I don't think they're saying it's BS. They're adding additional charges to drug dealers. If anything they're getting stricter by increasing the punishment (I don't know why they couldn't charge them with tax evasion before, but if this is required, so be it).

Are you suggesting they set up a system for drug dealers to come in, tell them they will legally be anonymous, and then go back on their word and arrest people who go buy the tax stamps? Yeah, that'd be a great idea...
Last edited by LBJackal on Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:41 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

yes Elisha cuthbert in a bikini I will do your bidding!

acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:45 pm

LBJackal wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

I don't think they're saying it's BS. They're adding additional charges to drug dealers. If anything they're getting stricter by increasing the punishment (I don't know why they couldn't charge them with tax evasion before, but if this is required, so be it).

Are you suggesting they set up a system for drug dealers to come in, tell them they will legally be anonymous, and then go back on their word and arrest people who go buy the tax stamps? Yeah, that'd be a great idea...

What I am saying is that this idea is rediculous. We are basically saying that if you want to sell drugs, that's cool as long as you pay the taxes. Forget that drugs and selling them is illegal. This almost seems as rediculous as saying that all terrorists in the U.S. are forced to pay an Al Qaeda tax. I don't think that drug dealers making $10K+ daily are really gonna worry about paying a little tax.
Lofunzo

Postby LBJackal » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:01 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
LBJackal wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

What I am saying is that this idea is rediculous. We are basically saying that if you want to sell drugs, that's cool as long as you pay the taxes. Forget that drugs and selling them is illegal. This almost seems as rediculous as saying that all terrorists in the U.S. are forced to pay an Al Qaeda tax. I don't think that drug dealers making $10K+ daily are really gonna worry about paying a little tax.

I don't think it should be considered them condoning it. All it does is make them pay more money... nothing good has come of this for drug dealers. They're just paying more money. Instead of paying tax on how much they're caught with, they're charged tax on eveything they sell (hypothetically) plus the ones that are caught without them are still charged.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JRM4833 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:26 pm

I wonder if a single stamp has been purchased.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:35 pm

LBJackal wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
LBJackal wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

I don't think it should be considered them condoning it. All it does is make them pay more money... nothing good has come of this for drug dealers. They're just paying more money. Instead of paying tax on how much they're caught with, they're charged tax on eveything they sell (hypothetically) plus the ones that are caught without them are still charged.

In this instance, something illegal is being allowed. No matter how you look at it, they are allowing these drugs to be sold as long as the tax is paid. Before, if you are caught with the drugs, you were arrested. Now, as long as you pay your tax, they almost look the other way.
Lofunzo

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:45 pm

Lofunzo I don't think that you are getting the concept.

First of all - drug dealers are not going to pay the tax. Nobody's expecting them to.

Secondly, a little time is nothing to a dealer. They are expected to spend some time behind bars in order to get street credibility.

What burns me and a lot of people is that there is no way to get them to give back the money they have made off of crime. They spend their time behind bars then get out and return to their big bank accounts. There are no civil lawsuits that you can bring against them for a criminal offence.

But if they have been evading taxes you have an excuse to take all of their toys and to clean out their bank accounts.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk