But drugs are illegal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

But drugs are illegal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

But drugs are illegal

Postby JRM4833 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:54 am

Seems Kansas doesn't care that drugs are illegal (and I disagree that they should be). They're going to tax them anyways. They now require drug dealers to use drug tax stamps for all their marijuana and controlled substances. If you get busted with a kilo of cocaine, not only will you be going to jail for awhile, they'll also bag you for tax avoidance if you don't have these little stamps on your baggies. :-? Can't we just legalize them and get this over with?

Kansas Department of Revenue wrote:Drug Tax Stamp
The fact that dealing marijuana and controlled substances is illegal does not exempt it from taxation. Therefore drug dealers are required by law to purchase drug tax stamps.

The drug tax is due as soon as the dealer takes possession of the marijuana or controlled substance. Payment of the drug tax will purchase the drug tax stamps. Attach the stamp to the marijuana and/or controlled substance immediately after receiving the substance. The stamps are valid for 3 months. Drugs seized without stamps or having expired stamps may result in criminal or civil penalties which may include fines, seizure of property or liens against real estate.

A dealer is not required to give his/her name or address when purchasing stamps and the Department is prohibited from sharing any information relating to the purchase of drug tax stamps with law enforcement or anyone else.

Purchasing drug tax stamps does not make possession of drugs legal.

Links to Drug Tax Stamp Information:

* Auctions
* Frequently Asked Questions
* Rates

Kansas DOR

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:01 pm

The only possible benefit of such a stupid law would be the penalties would be stiffer for drug dealers.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Rico The Retard » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:02 pm

lol thats pretty stupid
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Re: But drugs are illegal

Postby wrveres » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:09 pm

JRM4833 wrote:A dealer is not required to give his/her name or address when purchasing stamps and the Department is prohibited from sharing any information relating to the purchase of drug tax stamps with law enforcement or anyone else.

I was all for the new law until this BS. I figured it was just a unigue way to make criminals pay more for there crimes. But, I can't see this holding up in a court of law. If I want to sell something, I need a tax ID. In order to get a tax ID, I have to give my name and address, and it becomes part of the public record. So now, never mind that they are selling illegal drugs, but the government is also giving them as a business, preferential treatment. No way this stands ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby JRM4833 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:10 pm

Rico The Retard wrote:lol thats pretty stupid

You wanna see stupid?

Student charged with selling drugs to police

(Stamford-AP Mar. 11, 2004 7:45 AM) Stamford police say a student tried to sell drugs to two officers who were wearing jackets with the word "police" written in capital letters.

Police say 17-year-old Devaugn Goethe was charged yesterday with trying to sell narcotics.

Police say two narcotics officers were on routine patrol in an unmarked vehicle driving slowly when the student flagged them down.

Police say the boy opened the back door of the police car, jumped in and asked the officers what they wanted and how much.

Police say the student also mentioned that the two guys, in his words, "look like cops."

Police say the two officers were wearing raid jackets with the word "police" written in big letters on the back, on the sleeves and on the front.

The officers were wearing the raid jackets because they were looking for fugitives and didn't want to be mistaken for anything but police officers.

Stupid

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Rico The Retard » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:10 pm

maybe he wanted to hit it with the cops
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:12 pm

Not really. They don't really expect dealers to use them but it is a way to seize their property and make sure that crime doesn't pay.

Right now a dealer can serve his time and get right into his Lincoln Navigator when he gets outs. Now - if he doesn't buy the stamps they can prosecute him for tax evasion and seize all of his personal property too - brilliant!
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby BigMusky » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:18 pm

that was the impression I got of this...remember how they brought down Al Cappone...tax evasion.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby acsguitar » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:53 pm

JRM4833 wrote:

You wanna see stupid?

Student charged with selling drugs to police

(Stamford-AP Mar. 11, 2004 7:45 AM) Stamford police say a student tried to sell drugs to two officers who were wearing jackets with the word "police" written in capital letters.

Police say 17-year-old Devaugn Goethe was charged yesterday with trying to sell narcotics.

Police say two narcotics officers were on routine patrol in an unmarked vehicle driving slowly when the student flagged them down.

Police say the boy opened the back door of the police car, jumped in and asked the officers what they wanted and how much.

Police say the student also mentioned that the two guys, in his words, "look like cops."

Police say the two officers were wearing raid jackets with the word "police" written in big letters on the back, on the sleeves and on the front.

The officers were wearing the raid jackets because they were looking for fugitives and didn't want to be mistaken for anything but police officers.

Stupid

Looks like hes been smoking his own product!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:11 pm

Tax stamps? I say bust the people that come in to buy the tax stamps to begin with. :-°

Stronger penalties should be enforced without having to go to this length to do it. Simply jail them and leave them there. No more getting out for good behavior, etc. Let them rot.

As to the kid, someone shoot him. Lol. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to General Talk