Luis Castillo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Luis Castillo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Luis Castillo

Postby Baseballer02 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:53 am

Does anyone think he'll reach 25-30 SBs and bat .300 again? I currently have the O-Dawg as my starting 2b for next season in a 12-team keeper league so I need some improvement. Can Castillo begin to show off his speed again or will '05 be another disappointing year?
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:11 am

I dont like Castillo that much, 2b is shallow but last year he slipped. I'd pass unless you can get really good value on him.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Baseballer02 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:15 am

perlick29 wrote:I dont like Castillo that much, 2b is shallow but last year he slipped. I'd pass unless you can get really good value on him.

Well the trade on the table is Carl Crawford for Vernon Wells and Castillo. I don't mind losing Craw's steals, because I'll still have Gathright, Abreu, A. Everett, Crisp, and then Castillo if I do the deal. I'm just wondering how much of an upgrade over Hudson Castillo would be.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby so0perspam » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:17 am

Baseballer02 wrote:
perlick29 wrote:I dont like Castillo that much, 2b is shallow but last year he slipped. I'd pass unless you can get really good value on him.

Well the trade on the table is Carl Crawford for Vernon Wells and Castillo. I don't mind losing Craw's steals, because I'll still have Gathright, Abreu, A. Everett, Crisp, and then Castillo if I do the deal. I'm just wondering how much of an upgrade over Hudson Castillo would be.

Okay I guess you don't trust my opinion on the trade enough... What I told you is that you should do it since Vernon and Crawford have around the same value and Castillo isn't that good but better than what you have.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Baseballer02 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:18 am

So0peRsPam wrote:
Baseballer02 wrote:

Okay I guess you don't trust my opinion on the trade enough... What I told you is that you should do it since Vernon and Crawford have around the same value and Castillo isn't that good but better than what you have.

Take offense much, Spam? :-o

I plan on doing the trade, was just looking for some other opinions.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby chinch sacs » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:46 am

I say 20 SBs MAX!

IF he was hitting leadoff, and Juan P wasnt around I would bump that up to like 30, but the just dont like to let Castillo run anymore.
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby perlick29 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:42 am

Baseballer02 wrote:
So0peRsPam wrote:
Baseballer02 wrote:

Take offense much, Spam? :-o

I plan on doing the trade, was just looking for some other opinions.

I thought I had given you my opinion on that one already baseballer. Or maybe that was another one. Nonetheless I like the deal for you, it's about even, so do it if you think it's right.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers