Some hot stove reports - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Texas Rangers

Some hot stove reports

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Some hot stove reports

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:37 pm

Tuesday's Ft. Worth Star Telegram mentions that the Rangers and Dye's agent (Bob Bry) had a "mutually encouraging conversation". Dye to the Rangers? We'll see.

Also mentioned was that the Rangers are looking at Danny Bautista and Tino Martinez. Not sure what I think of signing Tino, but Bautista could be nice.

As to pitching, Eric Milton is leading the list of who they are talking about right now. Clement, Lidle, Loaiza :-P , Benson, Lieber, Trachsel, Radke, Odalis Perez, Estes, and Rusch are all mentioned as well.

Nothing definite, firm, or anything. Just the random mumblings in the local paper. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GameOn » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:16 pm

Yuck Dye to the rangers? WHY?!!!! Just promote adrian gonzalez and send Tex to RF, save 4 or 5 mil and spend that on starting pitching!!! Man, John Hart always goes after the bats. I really doubt Milton will be a rangers, reportedly the yanks are offering Milton 21 million over 3 years and if the rangers offer a similar amount or anything close to that they are absolutely crazy. I would like to see the rangers really pursue Clement, Byrd, Lieber, Radke, Odalis, and Wells. If they could get two of them they would be in great shape.

I also heard they resigned Brocail, thats a great move in my book ;-D . It's amazing how good the bullpen looks compared to two years ago: Cordero, Frankie, Almanzar, Brocail, Shouse, and Mahayare all studs and then Erasmo and Benoit can be decent at times. Now if we can just get some starting pitching we will be looking great for 2005.
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:35 pm

I really don't see the need for Dye either, but you know the Rangers, hitting, hitting, and more hitting.

I saw the offer the Yanks are making, so that should wipe out any chance of getting Milton. The Rangers won't go that high.

Clement would be the one I'd target. Followed by Byrd and Radke. ;-)

Bullpen is looking good again for next year. Just have to get the starting pitching all figured out. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Texas Rangers