FIRE OMAR MINAYA AND FIRE HIM NOW - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

FIRE OMAR MINAYA AND FIRE HIM NOW

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

FIRE OMAR MINAYA AND FIRE HIM NOW

Postby Viper8437 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:43 pm

Rumors I heard about on WFAN

Mets trade reyes for soriano :-t

Mets trade Piazza to LA who trades Shawn Green to Cubs and the Mets get Sosa :-t

i thought a change in GM's was going to be a good thing :~(
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:44 pm

They're just rumours...... calm down. But since you're a Mets fan, I'm sure it brings back bad memories :-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Viper8437 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:15 pm

yea

and they werent really just rumors
it was said by someone in the mets organization
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:16 pm

I would be more upset that they were scared off of Vlad because of injury concerns yet they are rumored to be interested in Maggs. :-o
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:41 pm

This will be a long winter if you freak out about every rumor to come out of the NY media. :-D

Reyes for Soriano didn't make sense last year and it still doesn't make sense now because Reyes is cheap. I'll believe that one when I see it.

I wouldn't worry about the Piazza/Green/Sosa trade. It's unrealistic and just an LA and Chicago wet dream that worked it's way into the NY papers.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:03 pm

Ok...Piazza for Green is bad buy Reyes for Soriano? Money aside, that's a great deal for the Mets. Reyes in his wildest dreams wouldn't be able to accomplish what Soriano is capable of IMO. Soriano is a threat for 40 homeruns, 40 stolen bases and a good average. Reyes has already shown he has problems staying on the field.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:26 pm

It's not about comparing Reyes to Soriano. It's about necessity and luxury.

The Mets will probably have a $100M dollar payroll for 2005 which means they have approximately $25M to upgrade their weaknesses.

By trading Reyes for Soriano you bring in more offense at the expense of poorer defense, you take a downgrade at SS and you take on extra payroll. It doesn't make sense.

The Mets weakness isn't at SS. Playing in Shea the Mets need to shore up the defense starting with 1B, then solidify their rotation, upgrade their bullpen and then worry about offense.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:28 pm

Amazinz wrote:This will be a long winter if you freak out about every rumor to come out of the NY media. :-D

Some fans just can't handle the pressure of the NY media. ;-)

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:28 pm

Amazinz wrote:It's not about comparing Reyes to Soriano. It's about necessity and luxury.

The Mets will probably have a $100M dollar payroll for 2005 which means they have approximately $25M to upgrade their weaknesses.

By trading Reyes for Soriano you bring in more offense at the expense of poorer defense, you take a downgrade at SS and you take on extra payroll. It doesn't make sense.

The Mets weakness isn't at SS. Playing in Shea the Mets need to shore up the defense starting with 1B, then solidify their rotation, upgrade their bullpen and then worry about offense.

You just don't want to have to get another sig pic. :-b
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:29 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Amazinz wrote:It's not about comparing Reyes to Soriano. It's about necessity and luxury.

You just don't want to have to get another sig pic. :-b

Not to mention all the stinkin' jerseys. :-[
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers