Santana wins AL CY - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Santana wins AL CY

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pedantic » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:41 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
LBJackal wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
looptid wrote:I think my silence on the issue has been perfectly cromulent.

Oooo... cromulent. I like that word. Wasn't that in a Simpsons episode once? (seriously)

It was created in a Simpson's episode. The word doesn't exist officially. :-b

I'm dying here. What episode was that?


According to Webster's, it's an adjective that means "fine, acceptable". It says it's slang so maybe they put it in because so many people used it after seeing it on the Simpsons :-D

In that case, festizio should be in there too :-b

For you Simpson lovers out there:

http://www.cromulent.com

I like the home page.

;-D


The link on that page is quite...interesting as well. B-)
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Postby LBJackal » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:59 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
LBJackal wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
looptid wrote:I think my silence on the issue has been perfectly cromulent.

Oooo... cromulent. I like that word. Wasn't that in a Simpsons episode once? (seriously)

It was created in a Simpson's episode. The word doesn't exist officially. :-b

I'm dying here. What episode was that?


According to Webster's, it's an adjective that means "fine, acceptable". It says it's slang so maybe they put it in because so many people used it after seeing it on the Simpsons :-D

In that case, festizio should be in there too :-b

For you Simpson lovers out there:

http://www.cromulent.com

I like the home page.

;-D


You do know what that site is about right? Here's what the FAQ says:

"OutRyders is New England's first and only gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and gay-friendly skiing and snowboarding club."

You sure you like it? How cromulent of you :-b
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

I dropped him

Postby LTMac » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:17 pm

I have to agree that Santana is the right pick, but I was kind of rooting for Schilling because I dropped Santana in May, thinking he was hurt or something because his numbers were so bad...
LTMac
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 22
Joined: 1 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I dropped him

Postby LBJackal » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:27 pm

LTMac wrote:I have to agree that Santana is the right pick, but I was kind of rooting for Schilling because I dropped Santana in May, thinking he was hurt or something because his numbers were so bad...


I traded Prior for Santana, M.Giles, and D.Lee in May B-)

Doesn't bother me that the best pitcher won :-D
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby kentx12 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:57 pm

Congrats to Mr. Santana. I am glad I have him in most of my keepers.. ;-D
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17435
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 8 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lost

Re: Santana wins AL CY

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:59 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:And it is unanimous




as well it should have been
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:16 pm

I thought it should have been unanimous, but I didn't expect it to be. I don't care what you say about the first few months, the last 2/3 of the year he was untouchable. ;-D
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:51 pm

;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

Im glad that I had him on my team this year and he helped lead my team to 2nd place.

The best part is that I got him in the 9th round this year Steal of the Draft ;-D . Its too bad that its not a keeper league, I wish I could keep him on my team.
[color=blue][size=24]2005 Fantasy Baseball Champion[/size][/color]
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4211
Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New York City

Postby Cooner » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:31 am

i dont' think it's a bad thing all his bad starts came at once... it made his owner drop him. He won the league for me, almost single-handedly ;-D
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1028
Joined: 2 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: my home is in NYC, my heart is in PNC Park

Postby Strasil42 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:56 am

nothing like picking the cy young winner off of waivers. ;-D ;-D
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4347
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact