little hlep here - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

little hlep here

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

little hlep here

Postby yak rider » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:52 pm

i play in a n.l. pitchers only 5x5 league. my team consists of johnson, prior, morris, brown and schmidt. i am currently 2nd. first in k's, 2nd in whip 3rd in e.r.a. and 4th in wins. randy johnson went on the d.l. and i need to replace him with what is left in the pool. :~( i think the cream of what is left is clemment, burnett, lawrnece, moss, peavy penny and williams. suppan and sheets and reynolds. maybe. anyway i might only need them this week as johnson is supposed to get back in on sunday. however if the knee does not respond i will need to stay with the guy i pick. thus i could take the hot woody williams now and hope for another good week, but knowing if johnson is out for any prolonged period of time williams cannot be expected to pitch over his head for all season. i am afraid of burnetts contro problems and the team he plays on. lawrence is an average to a slightly above average pitcher. penny is along the lines of burnett, that is to say a bit scary and risky. presently i would like to gamble and think that clemment has turned the corner and is in line for a good year. i pretty much eliminated moss hampton peavy and reynolds and sheets and suppan and zambrano. can you guys out there give me some feedback please? thanks
yak rider

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Republic » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:26 pm

Clement seems the most likely to help make up for Unit's loss in stats (Ks), but Lawrence has the ERA and WHIP. If Woody's still available, I'd go with him, as his hot streaks (usually at the end of the year) are white hot, and are only slowed down by the Cards losing in the playoffs--offseason.
"I believe in the Church of Baseball."
Republic
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

williams clemment or lawrence

Postby yak rider » Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:41 pm

thanks for the advice. any other opinions as to which of these three to pick up to replace randy johnson? hopefully it will only be a week but if johnson's knee doesn't respond it may be awhile.
yak rider

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers