Who's going where? :-?

I love the smell of transactions in the morning :-b
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Erboes » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:12 pm

I don't know who is going to be traded but there sure are some big names being bantied about: Soriano, Piazza, Green, Sosa, Vazquez... just to name a few. What makes it even more interesting is that the talk is starting earlier this season. It usually isn't until the December meetings that these things occur, but it's looking like some of them will get done maybe even before the official FA period. Even better yet, the recent belt-tightening of the past couple of seasons means there is a lot of owners with cash to spend. It could get crazy. This is another reason why baseball is better than football.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:54 pm

Piazza for Green? :-?
Piazza/Floyd - Sammy - Green 3-way? :-?

The articles seem to think the Mets would be making that move to put Green in RF but it seems more likely that he'd play 1B.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:10 pm

Amazinz wrote:Piazza for Green? :-?
Piazza/Floyd - Sammy - Green 3-way? :-?

The articles seem to think the Mets would be making that move to put Green in RF but it seems more likely that he'd play 1B.

Hmmm, I hadn't heard the possible three-way rumors yet. :-? I love this time of year, almost as much as the season, OK maybe not that much. :-b
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:58 pm

i cant wait for the first move to be made and then the counter moves to be made there after........like last year when the red sox and yanks were trying to outdo each other every day...... ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:22 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:i cant wait for the first move to be made and then the counter moves to be made there after........like last year when the red sox and yanks were trying to outdo each other every day...... ;-D

HSL is fun and this year i need something to take my mind off the cards getting swept so the sooner stuff starts happening the better. i hope this year is different from last year though. i got really tired of the whole a-rod soap opera. espn kept having breaking news every five minutes to report that there was no new news to report. it was a big story but it seemed as though there were long stretches when nothing at all was happening and gammons would appear on the screen to remind us that nothing was happening.
Last edited by j_d_mcnugent on Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Amazinz » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:53 pm

I think the A-Rod soap opera will pale in comparison to the Beltran saga that's getting ready to take off. :-°
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:07 pm

Amazinz wrote:I think the A-Rod soap opera will pale in comparison to the Beltran saga that's getting ready to take off. :-°

I don't think so because the Yankees and the Red Sox won't be involved. It should be interesting, though.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Return to Baseball Leftovers