Royals trade May - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Kansas City Royals

Royals trade May

Moderators: joshparrish, prodpaul, Baseball Moderators

Royals trade May

Postby reenum » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:37 pm

I just read that the Royals traded Darrell May and Ryan Bukvich for Terrence Long and Dennis Tankersley.

I think Long's a good pickup, and should be an upgrade over Guiel and the other clowns they had out there.

The one player that intrigues me is Tankersley. He was one of the Padres top prospects not too long ago, and I don't really know what caused him to fall out of favor with the SD management.
reenum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:59 pm

I've given May a pretty hard time during the entire 2004 season here at the Cafe. I'm more than happy to see him move along, there were way too many (mediocre) LHP in the rotation. Assuming health isn't an issue next year the staff could return to respectability.

RHP Zack Greinke
LHP Jimmy Gobble
RHP Runelvys Hernandez
LHP Dennis Reyes (or Affeldt)
RHP Mike Wood

A mixture of MacDougal, Seanez, Camp, Field, Carrasco, Huisman in the pen along with either Reyes or Affeldt. Could definitely use a strong ace to go along with Greinke, but the offense is still the major concern IMO.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby joshparrish » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:46 am

I've given May a pretty hard time during the entire 2004 season here at the Cafe. I'm more than happy to see him move along, there were way too many (mediocre) LHP in the rotation. Assuming health isn't an issue next year the staff could return to respectability.

RHP Zack Greinke
LHP Jimmy Gobble
RHP Runelvys Hernandez
RHP Mike Wood

A mixture of MacDougal, Seanez, Camp, Field, Carrasco, Huisman in the pen along with either Reyes or Affeldt. Could definitely use a strong ace to go along with Greinke, but the offense is still the major concern IMO.

Reyes is a FA, hopefully one that will will not re-sign, which is going to probably give one spot in the rotation to Brian Anderson.

1 - Greinke
2 - Hernandez
3 - Anderson
4 - Gobble
5 - Snyder/Wood/Asencio (when healthy)/Bautista/Tankersley
joshparrish
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby Tavish » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:50 am

Reyes is a FA, hopefully one that will will not re-sign, which is going to probably give one spot in the rotation to Brian Anderson.

I would take Reyes over Anderson in a heartbeat. :-o

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:04 am

joshparrish wrote:

RHP Zack Greinke
LHP Jimmy Gobble
RHP Runelvys Hernandez
RHP Mike Wood

1 - Greinke
2 - Hernandez
3 - Anderson
4 - Gobble
5 - Snyder/Wood/Asencio (when healthy)/Bautista/Tankersley

Looks like yuo guys have some moveable parts in there - a couple SPs could bring back more prospects to build for the future.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Kansas City Royals