4 Expansion Teams For 2005 Season - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

4 Expansion Teams For 2005 Season

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

4 Expansion Teams For 2005 Season

Postby bernsports » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:33 pm

Hello All,

I know the fantasy baseball season is over, but I commish a league that kind of runs all year. It is a 12 team keeper league that just finished our 3rd season. We keep 12 players and we also have a 15 man farm system. We have finally gotten 12 solid owners and we now feel it's time for expansion. We currently have 3 divisions of four team. We are going to expand to 16 teams with 4 divisions of four teams. With a little bit of re-alignment, I will place 1 expansion team in each division as the divisions are mostly divided up geographically.

From the way I have mapped out the expansion draft and an Amateur Draft for a farm team along with the Spring drafts, the expansion owners will draft about 40 rounds from now until next April. That means I am only looking for active owners that love baseball year round. The new owners also need to understand that an expansion teams is most likely not going to win the league title in 2005 so patience and perseverance is a must. Just look at recent expansion teams in other sports like the Charlotte Bobcats or football's Houston Texans. The Texans struggled in season #1, but their franchise is headed in the right direction and that's what the new owners should expect to happen with their new teams.

For those that are interested in getting more details, you can e-mail me at mailto:bernsports@hotmail.com. We run the regular season on Sportsline and I run a seperate web sight to track career stats along with seasonal stats. If you want to check that sight out, it is at http://www.geocities.com/bernsports .

The expansion draft will consist of the 12 original teams protecting 10 players in November. From there, the 4 expansion teams will have a 9 round draft from the remaining unprotected players off the 25 man rosters of each team. Only 3 players can be drafted off each team's roster. That will be your original 9 keepers as we head into January. To give you a bit of an idea on what type of players would be available, from the web sights home page, you can click on a teams logo and check out their 2004 roster. From there, you could kind of figure out the 10 most likely guys they will protect and that will give you a little bit of an idea on who would be available.

There's a brief rundown of what is going to happen. Like I said, those that are interested can e-mail me and I'll explain in more detail what is going to happen and I'll answer any question you will have before you have to decide if you still want to join or not. Thanks for taking the time to read over this and I look forward to hearing from some of you soon.

Bernard
bernsports
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Filled Up

Postby bernsports » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:27 pm

As of right now, it appears that I have filled the 4 expansion team spots. I'd like to thank you guys for all the e-mails I received.

Bernard
bernsports
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds