What's up with the political forum? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What's up with the political forum?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:40 am

Fireball Express wrote:Thank You for letting us have that forum. Do we now post all political topics in the General forum?

;-D ;-D ;-D

I would think not. :-o
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:43 am

Fireball Express wrote:Thank You for letting us have that forum. Do we now post all political topics in the General forum?

;-D ;-D ;-D

you can prolly post in the game commentary forum until we know about ohio :-b

i just started posting in the PF last week. i didn't know it was gonna be shut down after election day. oh well, it's all good. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:53 am

For anyone that needs to continue their political discussions, I found these on Yahoo:

http://www.politicalcrossfire.com/forum/
http://www.whistlestopper.com/
http://www.politicalforums.net/

Keep in mind that I have never gone to any of them so enter at your own risk.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby JTWood » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:33 am

I didn't think the forum would be closed until after the results were final. Had I thought yesterday was the last day, I would have started a "thank you" thread in that forum. Now I'll just have to settle for thanking you on this thread.

It was fun and educational. I'm thankful for the opportunity to get to speak my mind with so many people from this site. Thanks to all who moderated it - Lo, Mad, & Arlo I saw. I don't know who was working behind the scenes. You guys had an unenviable task, and you were all very fair and balanced with your apportionment of "justice" in there. You did a great job. Kudos!

Just one complaint: It would have been nice to see a post that said, "Politics Forum closing at midnight." That's the only complaint I have.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby DK » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:35 am

JTWood wrote:I didn't think the forum would be closed until after the results were final. Had I thought yesterday was the last day, I would have started a "thank you" thread in that forum. Now I'll just have to settle for thanking you on this thread.

It was fun and educational. I'm thankful for the opportunity to get to speak my mind with so many people from this site. Thanks to all who moderated it - Lo, Mad, & Arlo I saw. I don't know who was working behind the scenes. You guys had an unenviable task, and you were all very fair and balanced with your apportionment of "justice" in there. You did a great job. Kudos!

Just one complaint: It would have been nice to see a post that said, "Politics Forum closing at midnight." That's the only complaint I have.

I'll second JTWood here. Even though it got a little out of hand (OK, a lot out of hand) at times, the forum was a great thing to have. I hope it isn't shut down permanently, though.

Well, I've got another complaint, but it's not the Forum's fault- it's Ohio's. :~(
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:05 am

First, I'll say that I was a bit disappointed to see the forum locked before the election was even over. I expected it to be open for a day or so after the election, but I didn't have any reason to think that other than I hoped it would. I'm still reading through this thread just to get an idea why it was closed at the time it was, but I'm not here to complain about it. I've still got Sluggers' forum now to sneak in all my political discussion. :-b (Just kidding)

Lofunzo wrote:For anyone that needs to continue their political discussions, I found these on Yahoo:

http://www.politicalcrossfire.com/forum/
http://www.whistlestopper.com/
http://www.politicalforums.net/

Keep in mind that I have never gone to any of them so enter at your own risk.

I just thought I'd mention that the first link Lo posted, http://www.politicalcrossfire.com, is the only other forum other than the Cafe which I frequent. To anyone who enjoyed the political discussion in the PF, I'd defininetly recommend it. IMO it's very bi-partisan, and I've discussed it in the PF in the past, knowing we would no longer have a political home here come November. So if anyone's still fiending for political discussion, check it out. There are a ton of forums there on just about every topic, as well as a home for Republicans, Democrats, Independents and Libertarians. But then again, it will soon be time to start thinking about next FB season. Thanks again.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby slomo007 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:20 am

It's probably for the best, although I did really enjoy it. Even though we discuss pretty much anything here, politics might be the one thing that is better left for other sites to handle...it seems like they do nothing but start arguments, even if they are enlightening ones.

Either way, I'll support whatever decision sticks.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:54 am

Thanks for everything fellas. Everyone on the Politics Forum - both contributing and monitoring did a really great job stating their cases and discussing difficult topics and emotional responses.

If nothing else it was definitely therapeutic and educational - when you can walk away from something and take with you emotional and intellectual benefits from it, thats a good thing.

Thanks to Lo, Mad, and Arlo for helping to keep it mostly civil. You guys did a fantastic job.

Here's to America ;-D
Here's to Peace both at home and abroad. ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:58 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Thanks for everything fellas. Everyone on the Politics Forum - both contributing and monitoring did a really great job stating their cases and discussing difficult topics and emotional responses.

If nothing else it was definitely therapeutic and educational - when you can walk away from something and take with you emotional and intellectual benefits from it, thats a good thing.

Thanks to Lo, Mad, and Arlo for helping to keep it mostly civil. You guys did a fantastic job.

Here's to NORTH America ;-D

right on brother ;-D

so who won?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:47 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Thanks for everything fellas. Everyone on the Politics Forum - both contributing and monitoring did a really great job stating their cases and discussing difficult topics and emotional responses.

Here's to America ;-D

;-D ;-D ;-D sounds great to me.......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk