DONT LET THEM MILK US AGAIN - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Seattle Mariners

DONT LET THEM MILK US AGAIN

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

DONT LET THEM MILK US AGAIN

Postby muddyfrogwater » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:40 am

The regular season is over Mariners Fans and the trade talks and free agent pursuits have begun. The front office is once again promising they will do all they can to obtain the best players possible. This is the fourth largest market with the fifth highest attendance in all of baseball. Why is it that we have no big name players with the exception of Ichiro? Is ownership taking too big of a slice of the pie?

Would Yankee or Red Sox fans stand for sub par players? Absolutely not! Should Mariners fans settle for sub standard players? Absolutely Not! We should not let the front office fool us anymore! If the Yankees organization can spend 200 mill. Shouldn’t the Mariners fans enjoy a payroll of at least 130 to 140 mill? I encourage all fans to not buy tickets until the promises are upheld. There are several smaller organizations with many big name players. Mariners Fans deserve big name players. Are we going to fill the seats again this year to watch a last place team? Will we let ownership milk us again?

Where do all of our star players go? The likes of Alex Rodriguez, Randy Johnson, Freddie Garcia, Ken Griffey Jr. ? They go to clubs that care about their fans. Does Mariners ownership care about its fans? I say no! We deserve players like Beltre, Beltran and Delgado and we should accept nothing but the best from here on out. It’s up to us Fans we need to send a message to this greedy ownership. Are we going to fall for the same old tricks again? I encourage everyone to open their eyes take a firm stand or they will take advantage of the generous N.W. fans.

link:
http://www.forbes.com/business/2004/04/ ... tner=yahoo
muddyfrogwater
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rico The Retard » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:43 am

TESTIFY MY BROTHER
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby irishdude103 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:46 pm

amen to that, the M's suck about making big time acqusitions
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby muddyfrogwater » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:34 am

Hey guys and gals

I have posted the "Dont Milk Us Again" in several Mariners Forums and ticket sharing Forums.

Mr. Bavasi made many blunders last season. He seemed to be taking on Mr. Gillick's approach of spreading the money evenly across the field with average veterans instead of hiring impact players mixed with budding young talent. The Freddie Garcia trade may turn out to be brilliant. He made a bold move late in the season by clearing out the clutter of aging veterans. Let's give him one off-season and see what happens. It may be brighter than you think. It's ownership that's the problem. If we could get Howard Lincoln to let go of Mr. Bavasi's balls and give him some money it could work out great. Wouldn't you guys like to see us get the big bats for once. Come on man this might work I'm getting a great response out of other forums. Great ideas are to call and ask about tickets and then inquire if we will be getting any big sticks this off-season. When asked if you want to make the purchase tell them that you will wait and see. Most importantly it has to be a collective effort. Spread the word if you can.
muddyfrogwater
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Rico The Retard » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:19 am

TESTIFY MY BROTHER
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:04 am

No doubt, Seattle has great fans and excluding this year they either 1 or 2 in total attendance the last three years. But they have been spending money: 2002 payroll $80 million (8th), 2003 payroll $92 million (11th) and 2004 payroll $81.5 million (11th). I also think you overestimated Seattle as the 4th largest market. New York, LA, Chicago, Baltimore, San Fran/Oakland, Philly, Boston, Dallas, Detroit, Miami and Houston all have larger metro populations.

http://www.demographia.com/db-usmet2003.pdf
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 461)

Postby muddyfrogwater » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:56 am

Yes I actually meant Market Value. Their market is pretty large too as Mariners Org has no competiton for miles. It actually encompasses the entire N.W. clear up to Alaska. They also have one of the most lucrative cable deals in baseball because of this. We have extremely greedy ownership. They are never bold enough to spend a little over budget to go out and get impact players. It's ridiculous. In term of of player payroll to % of revenue they rank 21st the Expos out spent them in this manner. I wish they would make a bold move for once. They act like it would bankrupt them or something. I've never heard of a team boarding up their stadium and puttin up a closed sign because they overspent a bit.
muddyfrogwater
T-Ball Trainer

Postby thetongueofire » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:49 am

i'm telling you guys; Bavasi is one of the worst GM's right now... he'd rather field a senior citizens team... get rid of him. only then can the Mariners win. :-°
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sticky Spice » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:59 pm

Hey, haven't been in here in awhile.

Looks like the original poster got his wish with Beltre and even Sexson.

Now if we could get our "budding talent" to bud...especially pitchers ;-D
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Canacuna » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:36 am

Sticky Spice wrote:Now if we could get our "budding talent" to bud...especially pitchers ;-D

Heh - I think all M's fans have been dreaming of that since the days when Ryan Anderson was "untouchable" and Ken Cloude was looking good.

Ah well, at least Joel Pineiro and Bobby Madritch (and Gil Meche too) have come up nicely in recent years.
[size=9]"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Madison hates The 'Cuna...[/size]
Canacuna Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Seattle Mariners