carlos lee..... trade, or not to trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

carlos lee..... trade, or not to trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

carlos lee..... trade, or not to trade?

Postby sinicalypse » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:24 pm

so what does one do with the pleasant problem of carlos lee? would you bank on this 5 game HR streak being the start of perhaps a breakout season, or is this just a little hot streak that has driven up his immediate trade value?

last year, when thomas kept on sucking, lee was put in the three hole and did pretty well. with frank thomas hitting .218/2/6, it'll take jerry manuel about a month or two to take frank out of the 3 spot, but if carlos lee is pounding the shit out of the ball, and if he can steal 20 while drawing 80 walks or so, i think that they'd put him back there before mags.

so what do you recommend doing with mista lee? it'd be so nice to bait someone into giving up adam dunn or javier vazquez in a deal with carlos lee, who was a waiver pickup in 2/3 leagues a few days ago.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sinicalypse » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:37 pm

bump
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby gregdub » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:34 pm

Thomas is still walking a lot, so i think he will stay in the 3 hole. I think he will get going soon enough. I think the bigger issue is if Lee should slide up to the 5 hole and switch with Konerko who has been really struggling. We'll have to wait and see.
gregdub

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby sinicalypse » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:54 pm

well, in one league i think i can use carlos lee as bait for javier vazquez, which i'd do without much hesitation.

otherwise, he's kind of intriguing... if he can get on a prolonged hot streak, seeing a guy who's hit 25-29 home runs a few times go up to 35-40 is not surprising. seeing a guy who's driven in 90 runs before go up to 120 isn't a miracle. if he emerges, i think the sox can then let the big skirt walk.

btw, thomas might be walking... but he's hitting .218/2/6. that still sucks. lee hasn't walked a whole let as of today, but 5 straight games with a HR is nothing to sneer at.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers