A fast food enigma - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

A fast food enigma

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A fast food enigma

Postby ironman » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:05 pm

So I went to McDonalds for lunch and ordered a quarter-pounder with cheese and fries. So I get back to work and take out my burger that is in the box clearly marked "Quarter Pounder with Cheese". I open it up and proceed to take off the top bun to remove the pickles and onions. Please don't ask me why I don't just order the burger plain if I'm removing the pickles and onions. I just find it easier to do it myself then having to ask them to make it plain, only to trigger mass chaos in the kitchen, and be told to pull off to the side while they try to concoct a burger without toppings, and 50% of the time I still end up with crap on it. So anyway, I remove the pickles and just then I look at my burger and realized it looked kind of funny. Instead of the standard brownish-grey disc of bovine carcass I've grown to know and love, I see a golden breaded square. Yep, they slapped a fish filet on the bun and proceeded to top it with the standard kethcup, mustard, pickles, and onions that a quarter-pounder would receive. Now I understand accidents happen and if I got a Filet-O-Fish in a quarter-pounder box I would be upset but would deal with it. But this is weird. Obviously the person putting the toppings on had to notice it was fish and not a burger. So there can only be two obvious scenarios here. A) the McDonalds staff likes playing the occasional joke and flip-flop their sandwiches around, or B) the retard making my sandwich obviously can't look at the pretty picture diagram of how sandwiches are put together and properly decipher the difference between a burger and a deep-fried piece of cod.

Now if you excuse me I have a fish-burger to eat.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:28 pm

holy shi* thists funny :-D
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Fireball Express » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:36 pm

Next time you go in there say something to the manager.
They don't train retards as well as they used to. (sorry Rico, no offense).
The other day I had a craving for McDonalds French Fries and McNuggets. Don't really like their food but something hit me and I wanted some. Well the girl who took my order at the drive thru asked what sauce I wanted. I told her that I just want lots of salt and pepper. Then when I picked up my order I asked that girl if there was lots of salt and pepper in the bag. She said yes. I finally dig in about a half a mile away at the first red light. I go to heavily salt my food and find only 2 tiny packets of salt and no pepper. :-/

You see these monkeys that work there just don't care. Stick with the small mom and pop restaurants. You may pay a little more but speaking from an insiders view, they pay attention to detail. These big corporate eateries just can't come close to providing the same service. Besides, the work ethic in this country is piss poor. It only takes 3 seconds to put more salt in the bag, you lazy ass!
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kentx12 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:50 pm

This had me rolling in the floor.. :~(
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby ajgnydc722 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:13 pm

All those people are idiots. Especially the ones where I live. You need to make a checklist and cross each item off to make sure you got everything, otherwise you're going to be short food.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:15 pm

Fireball Express wrote:you lazy ass!

says the guy who got drive through fast food :-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby BigMusky » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:28 pm

The problem is that you guys are too picky. Stick to the numbers and life will be fine. This is not a mom and pop shop where they will count the number of pickles for you. They are trying to pump through as many orders as possible and they would probably rather have you not come at all then trying to decipher your specific needs. Be like me and get a #2 everytime you go, then life will be good.

The thing that pisses me off about Mc D's is when someone sits there and looks at the menu. How can you not know what the hell Mc Donalds sells!!!
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby ensanimal » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:29 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:you lazy ass!

says the guy who got drive through fast food :-D

LOL :-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 113)

Postby ironman » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:00 pm

BigMusky wrote:The problem is that you guys are too picky. Stick to the numbers and life will be fine. This is not a mom and pop shop where they will count the number of pickles for you. They are trying to pump through as many orders as possible and they would probably rather have you not come at all then trying to decipher your specific needs. Be like me and get a #2 everytime you go, then life will be good.

The thing that pisses me off about Mc D's is when someone sits there and looks at the menu. How can you not know what the hell Mc Donalds sells!!!

That's what I did. I ordered a #3! :-D
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby BigMusky » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:11 pm

A #3 is a Fish Burger, so what are you complaining about? B-)
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk