Berman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Berman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:31 pm

In the case of a baseball game, I'd agree with you. I am going to watch it no matter who they stick in the booth. But I specifically watch ESPN's pregame show because of Berman. There are three to choose from. The postgame show is a bad example because at that 7:30 P.M. slot there is only one so we don't have much choice.

You're right, he's not really an announcer or an analyst. He's more like the color commentator in everything he does. All three pregames shows provide analysis but Berman is special in his humor, the color remarks concerning the match ups and they way he greases the wheels enough to make Young and Irvin bearable to watch.

To each his own but you can't deny the guy's immense popularity. There must be something there.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:53 pm

I like their pregame too. I like the fact they dont think too hard. Michael Irvin will just bust out, "come on now, my one color suit says there is no way in hell the Ravens are going to lose, they have my man, Deion. He just knows how to get it done."
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby jumpman8288 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:00 pm

Lol yea. Not much in the way of analysis but I like watching it, especially when Young and Irvin fight over recievers and QBs :-b
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:54 pm

We are talking about NFL Primetime and the other pregame show, which I think are 2 of the few things that he does well. That still doesn't say why he needs to appear at every big sporting event.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:58 pm

Lofunzo wrote:That still doesn't say why he needs to appear at every big sporting event.

I am assuming it's due to his popularity.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:09 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:That still doesn't say why he needs to appear at every big sporting event.

I am assuming it's due to his popularity.

That's just it, though. I will admit that he is the face of ESPN for the most part but who says that he is so popular?? He has been around for a while but what else is there?? I must have missed the Berman parade where he was annointed as the face of every big event out there. He does the NFL very well. I would like for him to keep it that way. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:44 pm

I don't think he would be the face of ESPN if he wasn't so popular. I know he's hugely popular with my circle of friends and at the sports bar I frequent. Granted that's a small sample size but it's all I have. If the majority of people hated this guy I don't think they be sticking him all of the place. But I don't know, maybe they would.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:48 pm

Amazinz wrote:I don't think he would be the face of ESPN if he wasn't so popular. I know he's hugely popular with my circle of friends and at the sports bar I frequent. Granted that's a small sample size but it's all I have. If the majority of people hated this guy I don't think they be sticking him all of the place. But I don't know, maybe they would.

That's O.K. It seems like Stuart Scott is the latest face of ESPN. :-P
Lofunzo

Postby Amazinz » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:53 pm

That's the one I have trouble understanding. I can't stand him. BOOYAH! :-b
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:55 pm

Amazinz wrote:That's the one I have trouble understanding. I can't stand him. BOOYAH! :-b

He wouldn't be so bad if he didn't play for the camera so much. That and his lazy eye. :-b
Lofunzo

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk