Berman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Berman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Berman

Postby nsulham » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:56 pm

Karl Ravech has been doing the Baseball Tonight and SportsCenter post-game's all post-season long.

Now the Sox are two wins away from winning the World Series and Berman in all likelihood pulls a power-play and pushes Ravvy out.

I dislike that guy more and more everyday :-t
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Berman

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:31 am

nsulham wrote:Karl Ravech has been doing the Baseball Tonight and SportsCenter post-game's all post-season long.

Now the Sox are two wins away from winning the World Series and Berman in all likelihood pulls a power-play and pushes Ravvy out.

I have been saying that for a long time. He does NFL Primetime. I'll give him that. Other than that, he is a spotlight stealer from the people who do that stuff every day. He has to get his face on all of the big events. :-t
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Rico The Retard » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:29 am

i hate him hes annoying
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:26 am

nsulham wrote:Now the Sox are two wins away from winning the World Series

Make it one game away now. It's not over yet, but the fat lady is warming up. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:44 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
nsulham wrote:Karl Ravech has been doing the Baseball Tonight and SportsCenter post-game's all post-season long.

I have been saying that for a long time. He does NFL Primetime. I'll give him that. Other than that, he is a spotlight stealer from the people who do that stuff every day. He has to get his face on all of the big events. :-t

i agree. i can't stand berman. he should get his own network and take tom jackson with him, espn would be way better that way. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:03 pm

Madison wrote:
nsulham wrote:Now the Sox are two wins away from winning the World Series

Make it one game away now. It's not over yet, but the fat lady is warming up. B-)

And since it's a big game/series, so is the fat man. :-b
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:27 pm

I like Berman, but I can't believed he pushed Ravich out. I like Ravich. He's a very good and balanced host.

I don't have cable anymore, so I didn't know this happened.

That sucks...

:-t
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby BigMusky » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:55 pm

I am sure the ESPN executives or whatever make the call. Berman would have to be a complete ass to walk around and request to take other people jobs once a big moment comes by. There must be some marketing data that says people like Berman, so they put him on for all the big moments.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Amazinz » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm

Berman made ESPN what it is. I'm in the minority because I love Berman. He's one of my favorite sports announcers whether it's football, baseball or the draft. Doesn't matter. I don't know whether or not he's throwing his weight around or not to get the best gigs but I'm sure the fact that guy brings in ratings has something to do with it too.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:37 pm

Amazinz wrote:Berman made ESPN what it is. I'm in the minority because I love Berman. He's one of my favorite sports announcers whether it's football, baseball or the draft. Doesn't matter. I don't know whether or not he's throwing his weight around or not to get the best gigs but I'm sure the fact that guy brings in ratings has something to do with it too.

I will agree that he has been a big part in making ESPN what it is. That said, he is a terrible announcer. I don't think that you really meant announcer as I only think that he does some baseball games, of which they are a tough listen. I also question the ratings factor. Are you really watching the ESPN postgame to hear Berman or to hear analysis, of which he offers none, or see highlights and interviews?? The ratings factor is so overblown. I would watch the postgame show whether it was him or you doing it. The names of the guys doing the games means very little. Just look at MNF ratings to see that.
Lofunzo

Next

Return to General Talk