Super Mario 3 Beat in 11 minutes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Super Mario 3 Beat in 11 minutes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ironman » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:58 pm

A couple things:

1) This reminds me of the sad fact that I've beaten Mario 2 & 3 several times now but have not once beaten Super Mario 1!

2) When I was a sophomore in college we had an ongoing record book for Tetris. My roommate once reached 162 lines, virtually shattering the old record of 131 we had. It was so astounding we had the "Game Over" screen for literally 5 hours while people came in and out of our dorm room to see it. Most people were mystified by such a feat. We took a picture of it but who knows where it is now. I believe its become folklore at the school now. :-D
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:03 am

ironman wrote:2) When I was a sophomore in college we had an ongoing record book for Tetris. My roommate once reached 162 lines, virtually shattering the old record of 131 we had. It was so astounding we had the "Game Over" screen for literally 5 hours while people came in and out of our dorm room to see it. Most people were mystified by such a feat. We took a picture of it but who knows where it is now. I believe its become folklore at the school now. :-D

I have a friend that I went to college with who reached 258 lines on Tetris & Dr. Mario (SNES version). That is the last number I remember he had anyway...The guy was just ridiculous. I mean, you could barley move the pieces to the sides of the screen, but he kept getting Tetrises (Tetri?). He wasn't as good at Dr. Mario, though. :-b

BTW, not to burst the bubble, but the SMB3 thing was definitely staged. :-/
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk