The Grudge - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Grudge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Grudge

Postby Rico The Retard » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:29 pm

Has anyone seen this movie yet? Man it is scary as hell, not much of a plotline but it gets 5 stars just because of creepiness. I mean there would be stuff popping up when you least expected it
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby irishdude103 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:35 pm

i saw it, i was kinda creeped out, i mean i have to say i jumpeda few times. It was as scary as teh new exorcist move. So now all i have to see is Saw
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:52 pm

irishdude103 wrote:So now all i have to see is Saw

The commercials for that have gotten my attention too. Looks pretty dark. :-o

That's a good thing though. :-)

Haven't seen the Grudge, but I just might have to take a look.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Amazinz » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:15 am

Definitely want to see the Grudge. Kinda surprised. I figured anything with Buffy the Vampire Slayer in it would suck but I've heard so many people say they really liked it.

Saw is awesome. I didn't expect much going in and was pleasantly surprised. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:40 am

the grudge is the remake of a japanese movie called ju-on (http://www.juonthegrudge.com) which is from the same creators of Ringu (the american remake, "the ring", isn't very good).

they were smart enough this time to hire the same director of ju-on for its american remake, and that might be reason why the grudge is a pretty decent movie, or at least that's what i've heard so far.
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Amazinz » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:16 am

I never understood the hype of the Ring. I rented the Ringu and Ringu 2 and didn't think they were any better.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cafe_58 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:17 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:the grudge is the remake of a japanese movie called ju-on (http://www.juonthegrudge.com) which is from the same creators of Ringu (the american remake, "the ring", isn't very good).

they were smart enough this time to hire the same director of ju-on for its american remake, and that might be reason why the grudge is a pretty decent movie, or at least that's what i've heard so far.

By the way have you seen Ju-on, KC? It's here at a theatre in the city here, and while i'm not a big scary movie fan, I might check it out.
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: You can find me in da dome, chillin wit Jarome.......

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:39 am

I saw an advanced screening of Saw back in June, and it is an awesome flick. In terms of disturbing content it is on par with movies like Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer and The Hills Have Eyes. All the comparisions to Seven are valid, but Saw is actually more clever and inventive.
Last edited by FatGuyWithAMullet on Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:44 am

That's how I saw Saw also. It originally got released at the Sundance film festival. You know it's a good movie when an indy flick gets picked up by a major studio and given a wide release. ;-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:45 am

cafe_58 wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:the grudge is the remake of a japanese movie called ju-on (http://www.juonthegrudge.com) which is from the same creators of Ringu (the american remake, "the ring", isn't very good).

By the way have you seen Ju-on, KC? It's here at a theatre in the city here, and while i'm not a big scary movie fan, I might check it out.

in alberta too? wow, i was surprised to find out that ju-on was actaully playing in a theatre here in toronto. it's not such an old movie though, 2003 i believe, it's just not that common for a foreign flick, especially asian, to be playing on the theater.

i'm not a big fan of scary movies either, but i thought ju-on was pretty good. a friend of mine recommended me to watch "the eye", a hongkongnese scary movie and i picked it up today at the video store, should watch it sometime this week, if i can finish my essay due next week :-o
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Next

Return to General Talk