Opinions on my team please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Opinions on my team please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Opinions on my team please

Postby J » Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:22 pm

I need help with RPs.. this one team has Isrin, Wagner, Smotlz, Benitez, Farnsworth who should I offer from my team? for like one of the RPs? and how much is Ishii worth? also what areas can i improve on?
My Draft
1.Sammy Sosa
2.Manny Ramirez
3.Nomar Garciaparra
4.Kevin Brown
5.Kerry Wood
6.Jorge Posada
7.Alfonso Soriano
8.Adrian Beltre
9.Mike Sweeney
10.Christian Guzman
11.Hank Blalock
12.Kauhisa Ishii
13.Bob Wickman
14.Trot Nixon
15.Brandon Duckworth
16.Pedro Astacio
17.Juan Cruz
18.Geoff Jenkins
19.Morgon Ensberg
20.Derrek Lee
21.Orlando Hernandez
J

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:02 am

Depending on the number of teams in your league and your scoring, it looks like you did pretty well. If the risks you took (especially Nomar and Brown) work out, you have a stacked team. As to your questions:

Picking up another rp would definitely help. First, check the free agents in your league and see whether Looper is available. Guys like Gagne or DeJean might also help. If anybody with saves potential hasn't been picked up yet, pick them up and drop Lee (who I'm not terribly high on). Hernandez would also be worth dropping for a closer candidate.

If all the closers have been picked up already, a trade is a good idea. I'd start by shopping one of your 3b's and trading the one that you can get the highest return for (which will probably be Blalock, but you never know). The stock of your 3b's is very high now, and you don't need three - perfect situation to sell high.

Check out our sleepers list and the post in this forum for some comments on Ishii. I think his chances for success are good, but be aware that nobody knows for certain how well he'll perform.

Other improvements: Lose Lee. I like Nixon a lot this year, and even if he falters, you still have Jenkins. Pick up a backup at a position where you don't have that kind of depth. Otherwise, I don't see too many holes here. A little more speed would be nice, but you can't have everything...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 28, 2002 6:55 am

Yeah, you definitely did well in the draft!

I agree with Arlo that shopping one of your 3Bs is the best strategy...you can eventually add Orlando and you should for sure get one RP...it of coz depends on the weaknesses of the team you wanna trade with.

I also agree on letting Lee go, he won't help your great team! I am also not high on Ishii, although you got him in the 12th round, which is ok. You might be able to pull a good trade here (I hear Arlo protesting, haha, but I think Ishii won't stand the hype...)!

anyway, you will have a lot of fun with your team!
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

guzman

Postby cwebb » Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:47 am

Guzman might also have great trade value, but you better keep him as backup...
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Thanks

Postby Jeremy » Thu Mar 28, 2002 10:07 pm

Thanks for the replys I'm tryin to shop around my 3bs I'll update you guys hehe.. I also have tried to trade Ishii but no one is biting yet..
Jeremy

Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Fri Mar 29, 2002 3:57 am

Sure thing. Let us know how it all turns out!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers