Need some help . . . - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need some help . . .

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need some help . . .

Postby Republic » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:55 am

i just moved up to 7th in an 11 team yahoo 5x5 league. My offense is decent and my secondary pitching stats are okay, but i'm drowning with saves and steals (although steals were supposed to be pretty balanced). Randy and B Giles were my 1st two picks, and i've been able to tread water without them. Once Johnson becomes DL eligible, i can pick up a FA for my bench. Any roster or trade ideas you can think of will be greatly appreciated.

C Kendall
1B Sweeney
2B D Jimenez
3B Rolen
SS O Cabrera
UT Glaus
OF Ichiro, Dunn, Millar
Bench B Giles, Jenkins

SP
J Vazquez
W Miller
Lawrence
Loaiza
BK Kim
Padilla
Randy Johnson

RP
Matt Anderson
Lyon
Villafuerte
Scott Stewart
"I believe in the Church of Baseball."
Republic
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AtP » Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:26 am

Well...to be truthful you have a decent team but for only 11 owners I would imagine a great deal of depth out there. What about Ainsworth or Fopppert of the Giants, Penny of the Marlins is looking good. For steals..Brandon Phillips, Carl Crawford, any of those might be available in an 11 team league.
Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint.
AtP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Republic » Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:40 am

Thanks. Yeah, i picked up Hairston (who i had dropped earlier in the season) for SBs. Looking to package Jenkins and Loaiza for a Jose MEsa-type 2nd tier closer. It's a long season.
Republic
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby saminex » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:55 pm

your relievers are pretty crap so try to upgrade that area.
saminex
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Buckshot Roberts » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:27 am

once mariano rivera is activated then you need to acquire him at all costs--even if it means parting with the unit.

also, i can't see this team succeeding w/o at least 1 AK native at catcher. something to think about...
Buckshot Roberts

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Your team

Postby pkempf80 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:08 pm

Your starting picting may be suspectible if Johnson's knee turnss out to be a nagging injury. I doubt Loaiza will keep it up and I'd be wary of BY Kim as the season progresses. Your offense looks solid, especially once Giles returns, and I wouldn't be too concerned with steals, Ichiro should swipe at least 20/25 and Kendel also has some SB potential. I'd stick with your guns on offense for now, until the injury situation pans out. You may want to hit the market and see waht you can get.
pkempf80
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby BoSox2003 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:10 pm

the seasons only begun, i wouldnt worry about your ranking now. You bats look very good. When Giles gets back you have a very well rounded team. I agree with your effort to pick up a 2nd tier closer, but i do not think that youll be able to get one with jenkins and loiaza. I would think about dealing Dunn once you get giles back, with Dunn i would think you could go for an Uggy Urbina type who is a very underrated closer.
(i am curious to know how your pitching works, how many realivers you start, if you update it daily or weekly, ect.)

if your able to pick up an uggy type then all you have to question is a SP. Johnson is a risk, and i would reccomend holding him but i would try to strike a deal that would get you a lot for randy. Like giving him up for a great SP (hudson, morris) and see if thell throw in another decent one (kevin brown) or another decent closer.
good luck
BoSox2003
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby HYLRedSox » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:00 am

Patience is a virtue... ;-)
I wouldn't do anything drastic just yet. It is still April. Once Giles returns, you will get some more flexablitity. Don't give up on RJ. He will come back. I would hardly call him a risk. If I were you I would just sit tight for a little while before doing a whole lot.
HYLRedSox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Republic » Fri May 02, 2003 3:08 pm

Sticking to my guns has brought me to 6th out of 11. THere are 2 really crappy managers that i'm hoping i can exploit, but I'm going to have a to get a real closer to move past 6th. I've done okay without Giles or the Unit. Should I try to trade Glaus or Dunn to get saves? Giles should pick up the slack on either of them, especially if Ichiro starts hitting. Wade Miller is a bust so far, but I can't see trading or dumping him. With 2 teams entrenched in our league's cellar, I'm thinking it's down to a 9 team league, so moves should be made a little sooner, since those two losers are not trading.
Republic
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team