Ray Charles Movie - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Ray Charles Movie

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ray Charles Movie

Postby cafe_58 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:34 pm

I'm not sure whether a link has been posted up on this yet, but i'm pretty excited to go see this movie. I just saw Collateral last night, and thought it was better than I expected. Jamie Foxx looks real good as a Ray in the trailers........just wanted to see everyone else thought. It's out in theatres Oct 29th..... just in time cuz there's no good movies out right now IMO.
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You can find me in da dome, chillin wit Jarome.......

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:35 pm

Finally saw the trailer last night. Looks good.

I also saw a trailer the other day for a new Nick Cage movie: National Treasure. Looks real good.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:54 pm

i did like the look of the trailers

on a side knot, anyoneseen team america yet? i've heard its really funny and really wanna see it. is it as good as i've heard?
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Re: Ray Charles Movie

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:42 pm

cafe_58 wrote:I'm not sure whether a link has been posted up on this yet, but i'm pretty excited to go see this movie. I just saw Collateral last night, and thought it was better than I expected. Jamie Foxx looks real good as a Ray in the trailers........just wanted to see everyone else thought. It's out in theatres Oct 29th..... just in time cuz there's no good movies out right now IMO.

i agree with you about collateral, it was better than i expected, even though i think they exagerated in some of the coincidences, but it was still a pretty good movie.

tonight i might go see the che guevara movie about his life before he was a revolutionary, looks pretty cool too.

i was actually supposed to see it last weekend, but my two friends who were supposed to go with me arrived too last and we missed it, so we ended up watching shall we dance :-P :-P :-P my two friends were girls, but i'm not proud of saying that i watched that horrible j-lo movie :~(

i'll be watching ray when it comes out ;-D
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby kentx12 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:56 pm

Sox FANatic001 wrote:i did like the look of the trailers

Didnt look that intresting to me either
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby cafe_58 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:21 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
cafe_58 wrote:I'm not sure whether a link has been posted up on this yet, but i'm pretty excited to go see this movie. I just saw Collateral last night, and thought it was better than I expected. Jamie Foxx looks real good as a Ray in the trailers........just wanted to see everyone else thought. It's out in theatres Oct 29th..... just in time cuz there's no good movies out right now IMO.

i agree with you about collateral, it was better than i expected, even though i think they exagerated in some of the coincidences, but it was still a pretty good movie.

tonight i might go see the che guevara movie about his life before he was a revolutionary, looks pretty cool too.

i was actually supposed to see it last weekend, but my two friends who were supposed to go with me arrived too last and we missed it, so we ended up watching shall we dance :-P :-P :-P my two friends were girls, but i'm not proud of saying that i watched that horrible j-lo movie :~(

The Motorcycle Diaries, right? I want to go see that too. I hear it's pretty good. Tell me what you thought of it, KC.

Yeah..... I won't see Shall We Dance needless to say..... there aren't many movies that i'm willing to pay to see nowadays in the mainstrem theatres. I rather watch old films or art-house films....... there are too many crappy films nowadays. Ray is the only movie i'm looking forward until Christmas. Then there a few more that sound pretty good: Ocean's Twelve (could be bad, but the last one decent), Meet the Fockers (should be hilarious), and maybe Blade: Trinity (I like the senseless action now and then).
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:54 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:I also saw a trailer the other day for a new Nick Cage movie: National Treasure. Looks real good.

I saw that trailer too. Looks like it will be interesting. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:40 am

cafe_58 wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:

The Motorcycle Diaries, right? I want to go see that too. I hear it's pretty good. Tell me what you thought of it, KC.

Yeah..... I won't see Shall We Dance needless to say..... there aren't many movies that i'm willing to pay to see nowadays in the mainstrem theatres. I rather watch old films or art-house films....... there are too many crappy films nowadays. Ray is the only movie i'm looking forward until Christmas. Then there a few more that sound pretty good: Ocean's Twelve (could be bad, but the last one decent), Meet the Fockers (should be hilarious), and maybe Blade: Trinity (I like the senseless action now and then).

hey cafe, u r right, it's called the motorcycle diaries and it's pretty good. i was actually surprised cuz this movie has been playing for about 3 or 4 weeks now and the theatre was packed. i really liked the movie. it shows very poor places in south america, but it also shows some amazing places. definetly worth seing it ;-D
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:05 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:tonight i might go see the che guevara movie about his life before he was a revolutionary, looks pretty cool too.

Not waiting until Tuesday? Oooo big spender :-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby cafe_58 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:44 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:tonight i might go see the che guevara movie about his life before he was a revolutionary, looks pretty cool too.

Not waiting until Tuesday? Oooo big spender :-D

LOL..... maybe KC got a coupon or something.... :-D
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to General Talk