New York Yankees: My Dream Offseason - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

New York Yankees: My Dream Offseason

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby beltrans_boy » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:34 am

Batting A-Rod in the 2-hole is practically criminal.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:45 am

beltrans_boy wrote:Batting A-Rod in the 2-hole is practically criminal.

Who would you suggest hit lead-off or 2nd then? The only player that I can think of that fits a 1st/2nd in the order mold isn't on the team, and that's Beltran.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:52 am

I don't see any way you guys will get RJ. Certainly not for Brown and prospects and money. The Dbacks need to rebuild and they know it. What need do they have of a 40 yr old pitcher with a bad back and an anger management problem?

On the other hand, I do think that yr payroll will top the $215 mark next year. And I don't think it will do any good, looking at the FA crop of pitchers.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:08 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:I don't see any way you guys will get RJ. Certainly not for Brown and prospects and money. The Dbacks need to rebuild and they know it. What need do they have of a 40 yr old pitcher with a bad back and an anger management problem?

On the other hand, I do think that yr payroll will top the $215 mark next year. And I don't think it will do any good, looking at the FA crop of pitchers.

prospects...
isn't that a problem for the yankees now?

i think we can all agree that the yankees don't really need to make that many changes in the lineup, even cairo has been decent for them this year. now, picthing is another story...
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 211)

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:36 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:I don't see any way you guys will get RJ. Certainly not for Brown and prospects and money. The Dbacks need to rebuild and they know it. What need do they have of a 40 yr old pitcher with a bad back and an anger management problem?

Lmao! :-b That's a very nice way of saying that Brown is a ticking timebomb. Lol. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Registered_Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:49 am

Bernie's range in CF is one of the biggest problems on this team (not only this year, but the past 3 seasons).

Championship teams are built up the middle. A great defense makes good pitchers great, average pitchers good.

I'm absolutely loving the Yankees bowing out each year early with their payroll. So much $$ spent and they still can't pinpoint a problem that's been there for 3 seasons now.

Getting Beltran isn't as much about getting a 30/30 player, but rather getting a CF that can move.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:17 am

Madison wrote:

Lmao! :-b That's a very nice way of saying that Brown is a ticking timebomb. Lol. :-D

brown should call doctor buddy rydell

Sarcasm is the second cousin of Anger.
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 211)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:11 am

Registered_Guest wrote:Bernie's range in CF is one of the biggest problems on this team (not only this year, but the past 3 seasons).

Championship teams are built up the middle. A great defense makes good pitchers great, average pitchers good.

I'm absolutely loving the Yankees bowing out each year early with their payroll. So much $$ spent and they still can't pinpoint a problem that's been there for 3 seasons now.

Getting Beltran isn't as much about getting a 30/30 player, but rather getting a CF that can move.
I agree the defense up the middle would be ugly with Jeter, Walker, and Bernie.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby Rkiivs » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:33 am

Registered_Guest wrote:Bernie's range in CF is one of the biggest problems on this team (not only this year, but the past 3 seasons).

No doubt. I'm tired of seeing some routine fly balls drop in front of Bernie. I'd like to see someone out there that is going to run and dive for a few. Granted, Yankee Stadium doesn't have much room to cover, but on the road you need some wheels out there at the bigger parks. Personally, I'd like to see Matsui back in CF and Lofton in LF.

Just my two subway tokens worth (I know, they don't use tokens anymore).
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby slomo007 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:22 am

It might be out of the question, but when will the annual Griffey to NY rumors start?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers