POOR NOMAH - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

POOR NOMAH

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:31 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Nomar is a much better hitter than Cabrera so it's kind of silly to say that they wouldn't have gotten where they are if Nomar was still around.

I bet that soon there will be stories popping up that Nomar called his ex-teammates to congratulate them and wish them well in the WS. Nomar's a good guy.

You think that Nomar would have hit better than .379 against the Yankees?? They really didn't need his hitting but that was gravy. They needed much better D at SS and they got that.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:54 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Nomar is a much better hitter than Cabrera so it's kind of silly to say that they wouldn't have gotten where they are if Nomar was still around.

I bet that soon there will be stories popping up that Nomar called his ex-teammates to congratulate them and wish them well in the WS. Nomar's a good guy.

You think that Nomar would have hit better than .379 against the Yankees?? They really didn't need his hitting but that was gravy. They needed much better D at SS and they got that.

No, I don't know how he would do - but it's just silly to say that they would have lost if they hadn't traded away their perrenial all star shortstop.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:08 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

No, I don't know how he would do - but it's just silly to say that they would have lost if they hadn't traded away their perrenial all star shortstop.

Well, this year he was anything but an All Star. If you look above, I said that we will never know but I don't think that they would have won with Nomar. 1 is a fact and the other is my opinion.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers