TRANS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

TRANS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:10 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:Hey, I'm a bandwagon fan rooting for the Sox since they were going against the Yankees. Plus, they've got that whole underdog thing working, the amazing comeback, Schilling's superman impression, and if I have to hear any more about a "curse" I'll kill someone.

Congrats to the Sox, and 90% of America is rooting for you guys.

(Of course, I'm pretty sure I can name 20-25 guys on the team, so you might not be talking about me.)

I'm not and let me clarify. Cheering for them is fine. Taking out ad space and acting like you are a lifer is a bit much, IMHO. :-°

Ad space?

That was an exaggeration of mine referring to those fans who don't know squat yet they decide that they want to go over the top. I don't want to squash people from rooting for them. On the contrary. It's the fans that don't know anything yet they want to act like they are lifers when in reality, all of the Sox garb that they own was just purchased in the last day or so. Same thing with the Yankee fans that came out of nowhere.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:19 pm

ukrneal wrote:Probably because he pitched in game 4 and was pitching on three days rest.

I thought he was only on two days rest. 8-o
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:09 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
ukrneal wrote:Probably because he pitched in game 4 and was pitching on three days rest.

I thought he was only on two days rest. 8-o

He was. He pitched Sunday, and had Monday and Tuesday off.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby dannahann » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:57 pm

Lofunzo wrote:That was an exaggeration of mine referring to those fans who don't know squat yet they decide that they want to go over the top. I don't want to squash people from rooting for them. On the contrary. It's the fans that don't know anything yet they want to act like they are lifers when in reality, all of the Sox garb that they own was just purchased in the last day or so. Same thing with the Yankee fans that came out of nowhere.

No kidding ... and don't forget the BIGGEST pretend SOX fan of all times....Senator Kerry and his self proclaimed favorite Red Sox Manny Ortiz :-/
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 55)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:04 pm

dannahann wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:That was an exaggeration of mine referring to those fans who don't know squat yet they decide that they want to go over the top. I don't want to squash people from rooting for them. On the contrary. It's the fans that don't know anything yet they want to act like they are lifers when in reality, all of the Sox garb that they own was just purchased in the last day or so. Same thing with the Yankee fans that came out of nowhere.

No kidding ... and don't forget the BIGGEST pretend SOX fan of all times....Senator Kerry and his self proclaimed favorite Red Sox Manny Ortiz :-/

I thought that was Manny Ortez. :-b
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:21 pm

I've always been somewhat of a Red Sox fan (I had posters and hat since I was a kid; Mo Vaughn was my favourite player) but I'd say I was just as happy that the Yankees lost as the Red Sox winning.

Bringing in Pedro was a horrible idea though.... Mendoza could have finished the game. Pedro on 1 day of rest? Garbage. He was useless and it's exactly what you should have expected. Mendoza, Leskanic, Embree, doesn't matter, anybody but Pedro. Worst move I've ever seen...
Last edited by LBJackal on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:23 pm

LBJackal wrote:Bringing in Pedro was a horrible idea.... Mendoza could have finished the game. Pedro on 1 day of rest? Garbage. He was useless and it's exactly what you should have expected. Mendoza, Leskanic, Embree, doesn't matter, anybody but Pedro. Worst move I've ever seen...

I agree that it was bad but the worst move ever?? I can go back to 1 year ago to find a worse (non) move. :-)
Lofunzo

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers