Why I Am Not Happy With My Wife - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Why I Am Not Happy With My Wife

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Why I Am Not Happy With My Wife

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:18 am

I missed 24 pages of probably excellent discussion last night during the Yanks/Sox game because my wife just does not understand.

First, she turns off the computer around the 8th inning and forbids me from "talking on that stupid site." Then, with two outs in the top of the ninth, she even had the nerve to come in to the living room tell me, "I'm ready for bed. You're coming to bed now, too, right?"

Image

So, since I missed out on all of the fun last night, I just want to say what I would have said had my wife not kept me from the site.

After the A-Rod "sissy slap" incident:

"A-Rod is now the highest paid cheater in baseball."

Image

After the riot police came out:

"And this, folks, is why St. Louis fans are better than any other fan in baseball. You will never in my lifetime see that happen in Busch Stadium."

And, finally, after the game:

"Wow..."

Image

Ok, that's what I would've said. Thanks for listening everyone.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Why I Am Not Happy With My Wife

Postby slomo007 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:25 am

StlSluggers wrote:First, she turns off the computer around the 8th inning and forbids me from "talking on that stupid site."


;-7 ;-7

There are no such things as stupid sites, just stupid people who think certain sites are stupid.

Except, of course, for that BlackPeopleLoveUs site...that one is definitely stupid.

:-b
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Why I Am Not Happy With My Wife

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:45 am

StlSluggers wrote:I missed 24 pages of probably excellent discussion last night during the Yanks/Sox game because my wife just does not understand.

First, she turns off the computer around the 8th inning and forbids me from "talking on that stupid site." Then, with two outs in the top of the ninth, she even had the nerve to come in to the living room tell me, "I'm ready for bed. You're coming to bed now, too, right?"




i know what u mean, as i was given the choice of being on the computer or watching the ball game on the big screen....so i had to take option b and watch the ballgame....as she wanted to either be on the computer or watch the lifetime channel......... :-P :-P to the lifetime channel.......

but hey even though we have philosphical differences on sports and television, i still love her though......(had to put that in just incase she is looking :-D :-D )



slomo007 wrote:There are no such things as stupid sites, just stupid people who think certain sites are stupid.


i dont think i am willing to tell her that..........
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Re: Why I Am Not Happy With My Wife

Postby slomo007 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:47 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:I missed 24 pages of probably excellent discussion last night during the Yanks/Sox game because my wife just does not understand.

First, she turns off the computer around the 8th inning and forbids me from "talking on that stupid site." Then, with two outs in the top of the ninth, she even had the nerve to come in to the living room tell me, "I'm ready for bed. You're coming to bed now, too, right?"




i know what u mean, as i was given the choice of being on the computer or watching the ball game on the big screen....so i had to take option b and watch the ballgame....as she wanted to either be on the computer or watch the lifetime channel......... :-P :-P to the lifetime channel.......

but hey even though we have philosphical differences on sports and television, i still love her though......(had to put that in just incase she is looking :-D :-D )



slomo007 wrote:There are no such things as stupid sites, just stupid people who think certain sites are stupid.


i dont think i am willing to tell her that..........


What's wrong Colonel Sanders??? Chicken??? :-b

j/k...I wouldn't have the rocks to do so either. :-o
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:33 am

I'm not married yet..... but if I was, and my wife told me to come to bed with 2 outs in the 9th inning of that game, I'd tell her to %$#& herself. And I guess she would, literally :-° but unless it's Heidi Klum or something, I'm not leaving the couch (might even have to stay even after the game when I do decide to go to bed :*) )

StL, your wife's got ya by the short-hairs. Make a stand now or it'll be like this for the rest of your life. Do you really want that to happen? :-D
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Re: Why I Am Not Happy With My Wife

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:48 am

StlSluggers wrote:I missed 24 pages of probably excellent discussion last night during the Yanks/Sox game because my wife just does not understand.

First, she turns off the computer around the 8th inning and forbids me from "talking on that stupid site." Then, with two outs in the top of the ninth, she even had the nerve to come in to the living room tell me, "I'm ready for bed. You're coming to bed now, too, right?"



What was she wearing when she said that? (Some things are more important than baseball you know).

My wife has gotten a bit fed up as well with about 100 hours of Sox/Yanks the past 4 days.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 257)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:23 am

Dang Sluggers, that's some story. :-b I have to agree with Jackal though. You need to make a stand now. The longer you wait, the harder it will be down the line. You don't want to be the old guy standing in the mall holding your wife's purse, do you? That's the path you are headed down.

Luckily for me, my wife's a baseball fan :-) .
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:24 am

I guess I need to clarify.

When she asked me to come to bed, she was not in the mood, so I wasn't passing on that. Also, I did put my foot down. There were only a few things she could have done to pry me away from the rest of the game. Even then, I probably would have to have given it extra thought as last night was a "never in the history of baseball" moment. However, she made me let her "snuggle" with me on the couch while she moaned about how long the game was lasting.

I guess that's a compromise, right?
Last edited by StlSluggers on Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby slomo007 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:28 am

StlSluggers wrote:I guess I need to clarify.

When she asked me to come to bed, she was not in the mood, so I wasn't passing on that. Also, I did put my foot down. There were only a few things she could have to pry me away from the rest of the game. Even then, I probably would have to have given it extra thought as last night was a "never in the history of baseball" moment. However, she made me let her "snuggle" with me on the couch while she moaned about how long the game was lasting.

I guess that's a compromise, right?


I'd say you won the battle. The enemy definitely backed down in the presence of danger. :-]
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:39 am

Madison wrote:Dang Sluggers, that's some story. :-b I have to agree with Jackal though. You need to make a stand now. The longer you wait, the harder it will be down the line. You don't want to be the old guy standing in the mall holding your wife's purse, do you? That's the path you are headed down.

Luckily for me, my wife's a baseball fan :-) .


I guess we dont really realize how lucky we truly are Mad. My girlfriend was born and raised in Philly, me in New York, and though she hates the Giants and loves her stupid Eagles, she sucks it up and roots for my teams instead of patronizing me by rooting against me. She loves to watch sports with me and I'm thankful for it everyday. Sorry, STLsluggers, I do know the feeling in the past with different women. Kinda like where I am now though. ;-)
Image
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4810
Joined: 10 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: praising the almighty Baseball Prospectus

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 7:19 hours
(and 91 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact