WSox second baseman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

WSox second baseman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WSox second baseman

Postby Surfs up » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:21 pm

You guys think Willis Harris is the second baseman next year? What happens to Juan Uribe? How much would you pay for Harris in a 5x5 12 team AL only auction? And what do you project from Harris next year?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: WSox second baseman

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:46 pm

Surfs up wrote:You guys think Willis Harris is the second baseman next year? What happens to Juan Uribe? How much would you pay for Harris in a 5x5 12 team AL only auction? And what do you project from Harris next year?

There's still a lot of time before this decision will probably be made. When do you need to know by??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Surfs up » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:52 pm

I was just looking for opinions. I realize its very early and things change. Just kicking things around. He is avalble to me if I want him in a trade that wouldn't cost me much. He's $4.00 in a 260.00 keeper league AL only. His numbers weren't to bad. Its the stolen bases I liked the most.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)

Postby Registered_Guest » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:47 am

I'd guess Juan Uribe at 2B, Omar Vizquel at SS and Joe Crede at 3B at this juncture. Uribe could be used again all around the diamond, but I think overpaying Omar reeks of a typical White Sox move.

Crede probably has another year with the Sox. But a .299 OBP isn't going to cut it.

Willie is a favorite of GM Kenny Williams, but 19 steals with no power isn't going to cut it either. He's got to steal 30+ to be an everyday player at the big league level.

White Sox are a real big mess right now. The Twins & Indians are going to be the heart of this division for the next decade. Williams really went balls out this year to win -- dealing Olivo and Jeremy Reed for Garcia & acquiring Alomar & Everett.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby St. Paul Royals » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:02 am

I think the twins and Indians being the class of the division for the next Decade is too long of a prediction. You can't predict small market teams that far into the future.
St. Paul Royals
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Registered_Guest » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:40 pm

St. Paul Royals wrote:I think the twins and Indians being the class of the division for the next Decade is too long of a prediction. You can't predict small market teams that far into the future.

Not IMO when your main competition is the White Sox, Royals, and Tigers.

Their (Twins/Indians) management, scouting, development groups are far far far far far far superior to the above teams it really isn't funny.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers