Historical Fantasy Baseball draft stuff... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Historical Fantasy Baseball draft stuff...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:03 pm

LCBOY wrote:Tavish,

Can you post a short little blurb on how your simulator works and what are supposed to do? Is it like reagular fantasy baseball where we have to set out lineups daily, weekly, monthly?

The question was raised about the Japanese Leagues. I feel that we should take the numbers at "face "value.

Depends on if I get the online version working by the time the draft is done or not. I'll go on the assumption I will (things are going pretty fast so far) and give everyone some options on how it can be handled.

In the simulation there are three game modes.

Complete simulation - the computer takes the roster and simulates out X number of seasons. The computer AI handles spot starters and days off for position players.

Basic management simulator - Owners get to setup lineups and pitching rotations for upcoming games. Owners have more control over who plays when along with setting general management strategies for game to run under ( how aggressive your team will run the bases, how lenient your manager will be with pitchers). Lineups can be altered daily, the simulator would complete the games at the end of the day and be ready for play the next day.

Intense control simulator - Games are managed batter by batter in live online games. Owners can call for sacrifices, steals, pitchouts, change pitchers or pinch hit as the situation calls for. The most difficult part of this setup is getting the two managers scheduled to play each other to meet online at the same time. As a substitute, games can be played against a computer AI manager.

The last type is definitely the most enjoyable, but the most difficult to pull off (especially with 20 different RL schedules to deal with).

The simulator runs online in a personal server that people connect to using a telenet client (I have few really nice download options for those realize that hyperterminal sucks nuts) or I might be able to get a java client thrown together to make things abit easier. It runs 24 hours a day, except for those times I crash it upgrading things. It can be used as a irc-style chat server as well. The basic connection/chat functions are in place for anyone who wants to take a look around (pm me or I can post the temp address here).

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:05 pm

LCBOY wrote:
Tavish wrote:#10???

Curse you Rangers hat!!!!! There is no way Bo falls that far! :~(

Tavish,

Who is "Bo"?

You don't know Bo? Bo knows LCBOY. ;-)

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby chadxor » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:00 am

this sounds like a blast

AND IF ANYONE TAKES CHAN HO WITH PICKS 1-7, I WILL BE PISSED
chadxor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ukrneal » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:41 am

Base players

If we pick 10 years, does that means as a starter or in general? This may have an interesting effect. Because I might pick someone who had 5 super seasons over someone who had 3 super seasons and 15 great seasons (peak vs consistency).

I think 6 or 8 or 10 is fine. In any case, any retired player really should be ok to take too (in case there are any with less than 10).

Finally, I have found career stats of Japanese players, but cannot seem to find yearly stats. Is it possible for someone to post them? All the sites I've checked either: don't have them OR I can't read them (Japanese).
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LCBOY » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:12 am

ukrneal wrote:
Finally, I have found career stats of Japanese players, but cannot seem to find yearly stats. Is it possible for someone to post them? All the sites I've checked either: don't have them OR I can't read them (Japanese).

Here is a link to Japanese stats:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=86521&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=120

Scroll down ot the bottom of the page...
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LCBOY » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:18 am

LCBOY wrote:
ukrneal wrote:

Here is a link to Japanese stats:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=86521&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=120

Scroll down ot the bottom of the page...

Here a more direct linh to Japanese stats...

http://baseballguru.com/jalbright/
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:27 am

No offense..... but I thought you guys were moving to the Baseball History forum. Every time I see a new post in here, I come in, and it's something about the historical draft.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ukrneal » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:43 am

Japanese player stats - I find career stats easily on the guru site, but I don't see yearly stats. For example, I can see that Katsuya Normura played from '54 to '80 and that he hit 657 HR, etc. But I can't seem to find the stats he put up each year (individually). I don't see a direct link anywhere (I spend most of my time going in circles from the same few pages).

The npb-bis site: when I click on the English link, it still keeps bothering me about installing Japanese characters and nothing is in English anywyay so I can't navigate the site. Installing Japanese characters won't give me English, so I figure that's not the problem.

Anyone else have a suggestion?
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LCBOY » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:04 am

ukrneal wrote:Japanese player stats - I find career stats easily on the guru site, but I don't see yearly stats. For example, I can see that Katsuya Normura played from '54 to '80 and that he hit 657 HR, etc. But I can't seem to find the stats he put up each year (individually). I don't see a direct link anywhere (I spend most of my time going in circles from the same few pages).

The npb-bis site: when I click on the English link, it still keeps bothering me about installing Japanese characters and nothing is in English anywyay so I can't navigate the site. Installing Japanese characters won't give me English, so I figure that's not the problem.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Let me look them. I found them before. Must have been on another site...
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LCBOY » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:06 am

LBJackal wrote:No offense..... but I thought you guys were moving to the Baseball History forum. Every time I see a new post in here, I come in, and it's something about the historical draft.

Arlo is working on this. He should have a new forum up and running sometime today...
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers