not sure where this goes... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

not sure where this goes...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:56 pm

chadxor wrote:so if i start the league this year, when it comes time for the MLB draft in july (or august?) what do we do? i take it that i have one draft to start things off for the league, which includes major and minor league players. then, with those 5 minor leaguers you're required to select, go on the roster (i'll have a website to keep track of who has who.) can you drop a minor leaguer and pick another up in the middle of the year (lets say one pitcher's arm falls off in a freak bathroom incident... can the person who owns him pick up another minor leaguer? or what if one person is struggling, can he drop and pick up another which in effect is like having two different teams?)?

what defines a minor leaguer in your league? it'll be tough with guys like howard who got a late call up but really still has his eligibility

Those are all really good questions, that certainly need to be addressed before the league begins. What I suggest is that you discuss with all of your league mates the questions you just asked and come to some sort of an agreement. In a dynasty league it is better to discuss the parameters of the league and have everyone be happy rather than the commish set up the rules and have everyone have to listen to them.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers