Seems like it gets worse for Bonds... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Seems like it gets worse for Bonds...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JTWood » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:43 pm

I think it's kinda goofy that people are saying that Pujols is on steroids. First of all, "kids" that age are bigger than that all of the time. They just usually end up playing football. Second, Pujols is not doing anything in one season that hasn't been done before. What makes him so special is that age at which he's doing it and the consistancy with which he performs. Steroids won't give you patience and an excellent batting eye at the age of 21. They will just make you bigger.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:10 pm

JTWood wrote:I think it's kinda goofy that people are saying that Pujols is on steroids. First of all, "kids" that age are bigger than that all of the time.

Few are, but alot of them are because of HO2, Creatine, or Roids.

Look, I'm saying that I think that Pujols is older than what he says or he took player inhancement drugs. I'm not saying that those drugs were illegal or legal... I'm just thinking out loud...

I know someone here will still take this the wrong way and bring this topic up later, so I will also post this:

These were my thoughts on October 17 2004. These thoughts are mine and are not apart of this "Bonds Collective" that all Bonds Haters thinks exists.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:38 pm

eftda wrote:Bonds is just the poster child for roids. If he gets a "one of those gunny things next to it" --Roger Maris-- then everyone should. I just did a report on Roids and back in 99, one out of every fifteen High Shcoolers took roids. That was 5 years ago, around the time of a High Schooler named Pujols (just saying).

Bonds is not the only guy who took roids (not proven yet, but I'm saying it for those on some websites who are willing to label somone gulity because of an internet picture }:-) ) so others (no dount in my mind that Pujols took them) will also have to have an *

;-)

That is true but he is the only 1 that is breaking records. ;-) That is the main reason why people seem to care more about whether Barry is on steroids more than say, Giambi.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:05 pm

DK wrote:Just for the record:

A: Bonds never speaks on this recording.

B: The actual recording sounds very fake, as if it was cut and paste together, and for 90 seconds there are many holes and gaps.

C: It's a damn shame people are willing to pass judgement so quickly on Bonds.

I don't know if he's taken steroids, just like any one of you. I don't have special eyes and ears. But isn't this country founded on innocent until proven guilty?

It sickens me sometimes.
Aren't I entitled to my own opinion though? Thats what this country is founded on, too. This is a bad anology, but OJ was innocent. Do you think he is?
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:18 am

Lofunzo wrote:That is true but he is the only 1 that is breaking records. ;-) That is the main reason why people seem to care more about whether Barry is on steroids more than say, Giambi.

While I think it's sort of a double standard (why should we only care if something illegal is done if records are broken?) that seems to be the case. No one seems to be as bothered by Giambi, Sheffield, etc possibly being on steroids as much as Bonds who tries to make it a race issue IMO, which is just as ridiculous.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:22 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:That is true but he is the only 1 that is breaking records. ;-) That is the main reason why people seem to care more about whether Barry is on steroids more than say, Giambi.

While I think it's sort of a double standard (why should we only care if something illegal is done if records are broken?) that seems to be the case. No one seems to be as bothered by Giambi, Sheffield, etc possibly being on steroids as much as Bonds who tries to make it a race issue IMO, which is just as ridiculous.

I agree. If Giambi came out next year and hit 75 HR, then people would care about him. When you hit .250 or miss half a year, no one cares.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby DK » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:06 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
DK wrote:Just for the record:

A: Bonds never speaks on this recording.

B: The actual recording sounds very fake, as if it was cut and paste together, and for 90 seconds there are many holes and gaps.

C: It's a damn shame people are willing to pass judgement so quickly on Bonds.

I don't know if he's taken steroids, just like any one of you. I don't have special eyes and ears. But isn't this country founded on innocent until proven guilty?

It sickens me sometimes.
Aren't I entitled to my own opinion though? Thats what this country is founded on, too. This is a bad anology, but OJ was innocent. Do you think he is?

A. You are entitled to your opinion. I can't mess with your free will. But that doesn't mean it's right. That's the whole point of an opinion based on unknown information- Once the information comes out, the opinion is proven to be right or wrong. No information has come out, so I must stick with innocent until proven guilty.

B. From what I've heard, it sounds like OJ is guilty, but again, I'm not a prosecutor on this case. I'm not OJ. Like I said before, I don't have special eyes and ears.

I haven't had enough of a chance to look at the OJ evidence, mainly because OJ's not someone I especially care about.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers