Seems like it gets worse for Bonds... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Seems like it gets worse for Bonds...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thetongueofire » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:00 pm

i'm getting tired of all this steroids stuff. doesnt ESPN have something else to do ?
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3622
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:03 pm

thetongueofire wrote:i'm getting tired of all this steroids stuff. doesnt ESPN have something else to do ?


Forreal... :-P
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby eftda » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:38 pm

Bonds is just the poster child for roids. If he gets a "one of those gunny things next to it" --Roger Maris-- then everyone should. I just did a report on Roids and back in 99, one out of every fifteen High Shcoolers took roids. That was 5 years ago, around the time of a High Schooler named Pujols (just saying).

Bonds is not the only guy who took roids (not proven yet, but I'm saying it for those on some websites who are willing to label somone gulity because of an internet picture }:-) ) so others (no dount in my mind that Pujols took them) will also have to have an *

;-)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:22 pm

Let's just pray that Bonds doesn't break Aaron's record. I don't want to explain to my kids that a cheater holds the most hallowed and sacred record in all sports.

Don't get me wrong, Barry is a great player. Probably the most talented hitter in the history of the game. But come on people, does that justify cheating? No. He would have been a hall of fame player with or without steroids. He didn't (and still doesn't) need them to perform at a superior level. That's why I have a problem with it. He is one of the most naturally gifted athletes the world has ever seen, but he still saw a need to cheat. Why?

(Yes, it's all circumstantial evidence, but come on people, anybody with half a brain can see that Bonds has taken steroids in his career. And if you don't see it, I've got a white Ford Bronco I'd like to sell you...)
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3092
Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: crusing down the street in my six-fo'

Postby DK » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:31 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:Let's just pray that Bonds doesn't break Aaron's record. I don't want to explain to my kids that a cheater holds the most hallowed and sacred record in all sports.

Don't get me wrong, Barry is a great player. Probably the most talented hitter in the history of the game. But come on people, does that justify cheating? No. He would have been a hall of fame player with or without steroids. He didn't (and still doesn't) need them to perform at a superior level. That's why I have a problem with it. He is one of the most naturally gifted athletes the world has ever seen, but he still saw a need to cheat. Why?

(Yes, it's all circumstantial evidence, but come on people, anybody with half a brain can see that Bonds has taken steroids in his career. And if you don't see it, I've got a white Ford Bronco I'd like to sell you...)


You said the reason why we shouldn't blindly believe it in your post: It's all circumstancial.

I believe wrveres explains it best, so if he wants to I'll let him do it.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby beltrans_boy » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:15 pm

DK wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:Let's just pray that Bonds doesn't break Aaron's record. I don't want to explain to my kids that a cheater holds the most hallowed and sacred record in all sports.

Don't get me wrong, Barry is a great player. Probably the most talented hitter in the history of the game. But come on people, does that justify cheating? No. He would have been a hall of fame player with or without steroids. He didn't (and still doesn't) need them to perform at a superior level. That's why I have a problem with it. He is one of the most naturally gifted athletes the world has ever seen, but he still saw a need to cheat. Why?

(Yes, it's all circumstantial evidence, but come on people, anybody with half a brain can see that Bonds has taken steroids in his career. And if you don't see it, I've got a white Ford Bronco I'd like to sell you...)


You said the reason why we shouldn't blindly believe it in your post: It's all circumstancial.

I believe wrveres explains it best, so if he wants to I'll let him do it.


Then don't believe it. All I know is that Albert Pujols' name is being thrown around here by Bonds supporters. I don't remember Albert's name being linked to an illegal steroid lab (BALCO) or a trainer facing a federal indictment (Victor Conti). I don't remember Albert Pujols being sold out by his former trainer (Greg Anderson). Did Gary Sheffield say that he saw Albert Pujols taking steroids? I don't think he did.

The trail of evidence that Bonds has taken (at one time or another) illegal suppliments is way too long to ignore. Are there players other than Bonds that are on steroids? Of course. Is Bonds still on steroids? I have no idea. Has Barry Bonds taken steroids in his career at one point? I'm sure of it. Ignoring his grotesque physical appearance, there is so much evidence that is surrounding his implication, it is simply possible to ignore.

Your name doesn't get linked to BALCO, Conti, Sheffield and Anderson unless you've done something wrong. It's not a coincidence that Barry Bonds is mentioned in every steroid report and similar players like Albert Pujols and Manny Ramirez are not.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3092
Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: crusing down the street in my six-fo'

Postby Madison » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:04 am

Selig said, cautioning that "these are merely allegations. I'm not ready to pass judgment."


8-o

:-o

Something's fishy. :-o

I actually agree with Selig? 8-o

:-o

8-o

Just for the record, I do not know if Bonds has done steroids or not. Hopefully, sometime soon, there will be a difinitive answer one way or another.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby wrveres » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:16 am

how much for the bronco?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:35 am

beltrans_boy wrote:Then don't believe it. All I know is that Albert Pujols' name is being thrown around here by Bonds supporters. I don't remember Albert's name being linked to an illegal steroid lab (BALCO)
----------------
Your name doesn't get linked to BALCO, Conti, Sheffield and Anderson unless you've done something wrong. It's not a coincidence that Barry Bonds is mentioned in every steroid report and similar players like Albert Pujols and Manny Ramirez are not.

Pujols has two options: he is not 24 (or 23) and he is 28+ or he took player inhancement drugs. No way a kid can be that big. Also, its not fair to say that Bonds supporters are throwing around names. I said it, so its supporter. You dont want wrveres getting upset do you ;-)
------------------
I dont think manny took any drugs, his body flow has been normal for the last 6 years. Pujols on the other hand... a walk on a few years ago with little backround and NO ROIDS TESTS ;-)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:39 am

eftda wrote:Pujols has two options: he is not 24 (or 23) and he is 28+ or he took player enhancement drugs.


I totally disagree with you, and I don't care how much anatomy homework you had.

I have already shown that Albert hasn't lied about his age ...
and unless you have some evidence about Pujols, you are purely speculating.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact