Top Prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Top Prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Top Prospects

Postby GameOn » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:42 am

Does anyone know where I can get a list of the top prospects now that the 2004 regular season is over? I know baseball america is a good source but I don't want to pay for that.

Just as a side note, does anyone know of any up and coming SS or C prospects that should make a splash in the bigs either next year or early the following year?
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Registered_Guest » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:48 pm

SS: Hanley Ramirez (2006); JJ Hardy (mid 2005/2006); Sergio Santos (2006 -- not as high on him as some); Russ Adams (Tor starting SS in 2005 likely; up with them this year)
C: Chris Snyder (up with AZ this past year); Jeff Mathis; Dioner Navarro. *I'd stick with proven catchers. **

I think Hanley Ramirez and Daric Barton are the next two SS and Catchers you'll want (if the latter remains a catcher). Barton won't arrive until 2007 in all likelihood, but Joe Mauer's and Victor Martinez's don't arrive every year at the Catcher position.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ghostfacek » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:58 pm

Ian Kinsler ss tex
Eric Aybar ss cal
Joel Guzman ss la
Jason Bartlet ss min

for C, i agree with Barton and Snyder. theres also Justin Huber and the Braves have a guy named Brian Mcann, but not sure how good he is
ghostfacek
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Top Prospects

Postby Jivedude » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:50 pm

GameOn wrote:Does anyone know where I can get a list of the top prospects now that the 2004 regular season is over? I know baseball america is a good source but I don't want to pay for that.

Just as a side note, does anyone know of any up and coming SS or C prospects that should make a splash in the bigs either next year or early the following year?

http://www.theminorsfirst.com/ will have their Top 100 Prospects posted on their site by January 1st.
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Jivedude » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:07 am

ghostfacek wrote:Ian Kinsler ss tex
Eric Aybar ss cal
Joel Guzman ss la
Jason Bartlet ss min

for C, i agree with Barton and Snyder. theres also Justin Huber and the Braves have a guy named Brian Mcann, but not sure how good he is

Also, don't forget about Clint Barmes. He had a pretty good year in AAA and should be the Rockies starting SS.
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pedantic » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:06 pm

This sounds like an intriguing possibility:

Despite the fact that Hardy missed most of last season at Class AAA Indianapolis because of shoulder surgery, the Brewers are entertaining the idea of making him their starting shortstop in 2005.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Return to Minor League & College Baseball