Could it get any worse? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Could it get any worse?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Could it get any worse?

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:03 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Baseballer02 wrote:Don't look now, but on ESPN2 right now is......THE 2004 NATIONAL SCRABBLE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

My God the horror.

Lmao! :-b

That's great Lo! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:07 am

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Baseballer02 wrote:Don't look now, but on ESPN2 right now is......THE 2004 NATIONAL SCRABBLE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

My God the horror.

Lmao! :-b

That's great Lo! ;-D

I love it but I can't take credit for it. A guy on a hockey board made it. :-b
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:31 am

Lofunzo wrote:I love it but I can't take credit for it. A guy on a hockey board made it. :-b

Well if you hadn't brought it over, I wouldn't have seen it, so thank you anyway! ;-D

:-D

On a side note, I guess hockey boards are pretty dead right now with the lockout and all, huh? :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:21 am

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I love it but I can't take credit for it. A guy on a hockey board made it. :-b

Well if you hadn't brought it over, I wouldn't have seen it, so thank you anyway! ;-D

:-D

On a side note, I guess hockey boards are pretty dead right now with the lockout and all, huh? :-?

It's kinda strange. There are the lifers there that post regularly. Not the number of people there but the number of posts is solid. A lot of other stuff and hockey news but no fantasy stuff. What's weird is that the draft that I'm doing here is my 7th so far and there is no season in sight. Pretty sad, too, because I absolutely love the way that my team is shaping up. :-/ The post counts over there are strange. There is me at the top with 9230, someone else right behind me at 9221, and then #3 is at 3923, and he hasn't posted since the season ended.
Last edited by Lofunzo on Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:23 am

Lofunzo wrote:It's kinda strange. There are the lifers there that post regularly. Not the number of people there but the number of posts is solid. A lot of other stuff and hockey news but no fantasy stuff. What's weird is that the draft that I'm doing here is my 7th so far and there is no season in sight. Pretty sad, too, because I absolutely love the way that my team is shaping up. :-/

Guess that makes us "lifers" on the baseball side, huh? :-D

Sorry about all the drafts. Stinks to draft a great team(s), and then have no season to play. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Rico The Retard » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:31 am

you just got 16 points lo....or did you land on any triple or double word or letter bonuses
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:47 am

Amazinz wrote:
Madison wrote:
Amazinz wrote:ESPN actually airs the Magic the Gathering tournaments. Scrabble doesn't surprise me. ;-)

8-o I guess I've been fortunate enough not to happen to turn it on while that's airing. 8-o

:-b

You really don't know what you're missing. Watching it for an hour does wonders to your self-esteem. ;-D

Hey!

I used to play that game quite avidly. It's very challenging. Although, yes, I will admit that I felt terribly out of place at paper tournaments. That's why I started playing it online. I didn't have to look at the freaky people (or smell them) when I was playing. It's an expensive game, though, so I had to quit.

I didn't know that they still showed the tournaments. I saw one on ESPN about 6 or 7 years ago, but I've never seen one since then. Even having played the game I can say confidently that watching people play Magic on TV is one of the most boring things I've ever seen.

:-P
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Amazinz » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:31 am

Yeah they showed it 3? years in a row and then it stopped. I guess it's been awhile. Just joking. I played the game too and was and avid role-player in HS and College. :-]
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk