Derek Jeter: A Good Fielder? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Derek Jeter: A Good Fielder?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:51 pm

It was hit hard and was a tough play, could have gone either way with the error/hit thing. Probably should have been caught but it was blasted. With a ball hit like that, it doesn't make him look awful. At least not quite as awful the Red Sox looked as a whole last night... ;-) Ok, I'm sorry I had to get that in there. :-D
Image
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4067
Joined: 11 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: THE EMPIRE

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:54 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:It was hit hard and was a tough play, could have gone either way with the error/hit thing. Probably should have been caught but it was blasted. With a ball hit like that, it doesn't make him look awful. At least not quite as awful the Red Sox looked as a whole last night... ;-) Ok, I'm sorry I had to get that in there. :-D


there were some bright spots...like...ummm...you know.... ;-7
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 2450
Joined: 23 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: partying with big papi after the win!

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:01 pm

Sox FANatic001 wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:It was hit hard and was a tough play, could have gone either way with the error/hit thing. Probably should have been caught but it was blasted. With a ball hit like that, it doesn't make him look awful. At least not quite as awful the Red Sox looked as a whole last night... ;-) Ok, I'm sorry I had to get that in there. :-D


there were some bright spots...like...ummm...you know.... ;-7
\

Ohh yeah, I remember that. Boy was I nervous when that happened.. :-b
Image
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4067
Joined: 11 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: THE EMPIRE

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:18 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
Sox FANatic001 wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:It was hit hard and was a tough play, could have gone either way with the error/hit thing. Probably should have been caught but it was blasted. With a ball hit like that, it doesn't make him look awful. At least not quite as awful the Red Sox looked as a whole last night... ;-) Ok, I'm sorry I had to get that in there. :-D


there were some bright spots...like...ummm...you know.... ;-7
\

Ohh yeah, I remember that. Boy was I nervous when that happened.. :-b


yeah,i got pretty excited for a while...

oh well, we'll win 2nite
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 2450
Joined: 23 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: partying with big papi after the win!

Postby nsulham » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:14 pm

I dunno, he didn't look great on that Millar broken-bat grounder 8-o
Image
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:15 pm

nsulham wrote:I dunno, he didn't look great on that Millar broken-bat grounder 8-o


I was waiting for that. Tough play with the spin but definitely an error.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby nsulham » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:19 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
nsulham wrote:I dunno, he didn't look great on that Millar broken-bat grounder 8-o


I was waiting for that. Tough play with the spin but definitely an error.


Yeah, tough play probably with the broken bat but should have been made. And someone would have mentioned it.
Image
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:56 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
nsulham wrote:I dunno, he didn't look great on that Millar broken-bat grounder 8-o


I was waiting for that. Tough play with the spin but definitely an error.


Took a weird hop but that has to be made like you said.
Image
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4067
Joined: 11 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: THE EMPIRE

Postby DK » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:57 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
nsulham wrote:I dunno, he didn't look great on that Millar broken-bat grounder 8-o


I was waiting for that. Tough play with the spin but definitely an error.


Took a weird hop but that has to be made like you said.


Jeter overall is looking positively amateurish this series. What's his average, .150? And now two errors?
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:00 pm

Well that play wasn't too shabby. Backhanded and that jump-turn-throw to 2nd for the final out.
Image
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4067
Joined: 11 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: THE EMPIRE

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp, ensanimal, joiingds and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact