Orioles future - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baltimore Orioles

Orioles future

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Orioles future

Postby SteroidSlugger » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:46 pm

I used to live near Baltimore, so I have some respect for the Orioles. Their offense is good and can win ball games but the main aspect that The Orioles need improving on is pitching! Ponson didn't have a great year, no one out of the Orioles bullpen had a remarkable year, but Cabrera had a good one. They have one of the hardest if not the hardest divison in the league. Still in 2005 I am expecting big things out of the Orioles.
SteroidSlugger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Orioles future

Postby VTHokie » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:28 pm

SteroidSlugger wrote:I used to live near Baltimore, so I have some respect for the Orioles. Their offense is good and can win ball games but the main aspect that The Orioles need improving on is pitching! Ponson didn't have a great year, no one out of the Orioles bullpen had a remarkable year, but Cabrera had a good one. They have one of the hardest if not the hardest divison in the league. Still in 2005 I am expecting big things out of the Orioles.

Well 2005's pitching was bad, but the aquisition of Leo Mazzone is going to be HUGE for us. He is probably the best pitching coach out there.
VTHokie
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Orioles future

Postby hoopitup21212 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:44 pm

VTHokie wrote:
SteroidSlugger wrote:I used to live near Baltimore, so I have some respect for the Orioles. Their offense is good and can win ball games but the main aspect that The Orioles need improving on is pitching! Ponson didn't have a great year, no one out of the Orioles bullpen had a remarkable year, but Cabrera had a good one. They have one of the hardest if not the hardest divison in the league. Still in 2005 I am expecting big things out of the Orioles.

Well 2005's pitching was bad, but the aquisition of Leo Mazzone is going to be HUGE for us. He is probably the best pitching coach out there.

No doubt about Mazzone. He is a great coach and will help the O's pitching staff greatly. I'm a little more worried about my Soxs though but its all good. More competition I like. And that was a perfect add for this team.
hoopitup21212
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby cpp_hoops » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:08 am

pitching still blows
cpp_hoops
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby YardBirds » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:26 am

Rome wasn't built in a day dumbass
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Future

Postby oriolesbatboy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:17 pm

I like Mazzone and what he's going to do with the likes of Bedard and Cabrera.

What really ticks me off are:
the Management--two heads obviously aren't better than one. And what's the point of bringing in journeymen and has-beens like Patterson and Conine? If we have to struggle for one more season for rookies to adjust to the Big Leagues, that's fine with me--we've been bad for 8 yrs now, one more won't matter. I'm sick of all these illusions that they're trying to do something.
Angelos--he could go to hell and back and he still won't find a conscience. The profit-motive has made him a great businessman and a bad owner. Look at our payroll vs. Bosox and Yanks--yet he still says the team's losing money. Based on the attendences this season, he'll get his wish. I wish Mark Cuban would buy the club.
oriolesbatboy
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baltimore Orioles