Yahoo Rotis Keeper - Is BJ UPTON worth keeping? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Yahoo Rotis Keeper - Is BJ UPTON worth keeping?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Rotis Keeper - Is BJ UPTON worth keeping?

Postby kjinthehouse » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:45 pm

I can only keep 8 and I have a long list of good players. The league has tons of stats. Hitting, Fielding and Pitching. Balance is huge. I grabbed Pujols, Ichiro and Prior when they first came in. Is Upton going to be in this class of stud or do I let him go and try and draft him.

Pujols
Rolen
Soriano
Ichiro
Santana
Gagne
Prior
Pedro

Also have
Victor Martinez
Renteria
Carlos Lee
Jake Peavy
K-Rod
Halladay

Man should I be considering keeping Upton over these guys. Hard enough to figure out which 8 to keep. Do you believe Santana was a waiver wire guy> HA. Early over 7 era was awesome for me.
kjinthehouse
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hybrid » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:44 am

With that Roster? Nope, you have to many great players that are more proven. Also not sure on what others would think, but I wouldn't keep Pedro. I stick with my comment that he hasn't been the same as in the past, especially since that last playoff game against thhe Yanks. I'd personally rather have Peavy.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:23 am

I'd take Peavy, K-Rod, or Halladay over Pedro. He doesn't have it anymore, methinks. His ERA has been below 2.90 for almost a decade, and this year it's almost 4? That ain't right. He gave up more HR's this year than in 2001, 2002, and 2003 combined.

And there's no way I'd keep Upton over any of those guys. Especially since your league counts defense.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:32 am

no way u can keep upton over those guys...... but if this is a deep league u may want to consider keeping vmart as well over pedro as catcher is a very weak position.......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pedantic » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:01 pm

I wouldn't even think about keeping Upton (especially if you count fielding ;-7 ). I would probably keep Victor Martinez and Renteria over Ichiro and Pedro (if you keep an outfielder, I'd rather have Lee). Martinez should be even better next year and Renteria is decent offensively and defensively at a shallow position, while Ichiro is overrated as usual and I agree that Pedro is on the decline. If you keep Vic and Renteria, you'll have your entire infield wrapped up, and Gagne, Prior, and Santana is more than enough to dominate the pitching categories, unless it's a four team-league. :-)
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Great insight

Postby kjinthehouse » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:05 pm

[quote="Pedantic"]I wouldn't even think about keeping Upton (especially if you count fielding ;-7 ). I would probably keep Victor Martinez and Renteria over Ichiro and Pedro (if you keep an outfielder, I'd rather have Lee). Martinez should be even better next year and Renteria is decent offensively and defensively at a shallow position, while Ichiro is overrated as usual and I agree that Pedro is on the decline. If you keep Vic and Renteria, you'll have your [b]entire[/b] infield wrapped up, and Gagne, Prior, and Santana is more than enough to dominate the pitching categories, unless it's a four team-league. :-)[/quote]

I agree with your insight, just disagree a bit with ichiro being overated. He dominates in Singles, Av, OBP, SB, K's. Runs (except for this year) and is also good in Triples and a couple more stats. I like a young Martinez too though. Ich is getting old. How many more years does he have left. Renteria is draftable.
kjinthehouse
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Minor League & College Baseball