Beltran still 2 shy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltran still 2 shy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Beltran still 2 shy

Postby Pokey Reese MVP » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:26 pm

We were all sure that beltran would have his 40-40 season a month ago. But he hasn't hit a homer since september 7th, remaining at 38 HR and 42 SB. I guess we will have to wait another year to add a fifth name to that 40-40 list.
Sorry my program for making sigs is broken
Pokey Reese MVP
College Coach
College Coach

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby irishdude103 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:38 pm

:-[
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:42 pm

I'll take 38 HR and 42 SB if that's "all" he's going to give me this year. True, the AVG wasn't the best all year, but I'm happy with his overall performance. I'm just worried that if (when) he ends up with the Yankees that his power and steals will go down. :-[
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby LBJackal » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:22 pm

I can see his power numbers going up based on the park he'll be in. Lineup protection will be the same - top notch - so I don't think that will be an issue. As for his SB's.... I think the Yanks would give him the green light more than Houston. Look at how often A-Rod gets it, and he isn't a perfect 28-for-28 like Beltran is in Houston.

And who knows, he might get 40 HR's today. Kent broke the all-time 2B HR record yesterday with 2 HR's, maybe it's Beltran's turn today.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:30 pm

LBJackal wrote:I can see his power numbers going up based on the park he'll be in. Lineup protection will be the same - top notch - so I don't think that will be an issue. As for his SB's.... I think the Yanks would give him the green light more than Houston. Look at how often A-Rod gets it, and he isn't a perfect 28-for-28 like Beltran is in Houston.

And who knows, he might get 40 HR's today. Kent broke the all-time 2B HR record yesterday with 2 HR's, maybe it's Beltran's turn today.

I have to agree with the steals, but do you really think his HR numbers will go up in Yankee stadium? :-? They will probably be about the same as they were in KC, but if he stayed in Houston I think you could realistically expect more. Don't listen to me though, my predictions (from Soriano and Beltran to the playoffs) this year have been dreadful. :-°
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LBJackal » Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:14 pm

KC is the worst stadium for HR's in the majors (Kauffman and PETCO are the worst)..... Dodger Stadium would be an improvement... and as for Houston, it's more of a HR park for righties since there's that short porch. It's actually as close toa a neutral HR park as there is. And since it favours righties I'd have to assume it's not as good for lefties :-? He bats left most of the time so I don't think it would help him as much. And Yankee Stadium has a short RF porch. I don't think his HR totals will go down... and since he knows the pitchers already, maybe that'll give him an edge. I dunno. All I know is that I hope he lands with the Yanks :-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:23 pm

LBJackal wrote:KC is the worst stadium for HR's in the majors (Kauffman and PETCO are the worst)..... Dodger Stadium would be an improvement... and as for Houston, it's more of a HR park for righties since there's that short porch. It's actually as close toa a neutral HR park as there is. And since it favours righties I'd have to assume it's not as good for lefties :-? He bats left most of the time so I don't think it would help him as much. And Yankee Stadium has a short RF porch. I don't think his HR totals will go down... and since he knows the pitchers already, maybe that'll give him an edge. I dunno. All I know is that I hope he lands with the Yanks :-D

You've convinced me. :-D
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:11 pm

LBJackal wrote: All I know is that I hope he lands with the Yanks :-D

:-? please god, no........
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DK » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:42 pm

When I first saw the title to this thread, was I the only one who thought, "What? Beltran can't get a date?"

:D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby so0perspam » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:49 pm

DK wrote:When I first saw the title to this thread, was I the only one who thought, "What? Beltran can't get a date?"

:D

Ahahaha. :-D :-D ;-D ;-D
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Return to Baseball Leftovers