How much is this signed (basket)ball worth? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

How much is this signed (basket)ball worth?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Thrill » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:54 am

[quote="Lofunzo
I ask because, for example and completely unrelated, say you caught Bonds' 756th HR ball and had him and Pedro Feliz sign it. ;-7[/quote]

IMO, I'd still say it's just as valuable with or without Pedro Feliz's signature. Especially since you're talking about #756.

Hopefully, nobody would actually ask Pedro Feliz to sign that ball (he would probably have to tackle someone to get near that ball :-D ).

Regardless, say it's HR ball #704 or whatever, it's value is Bonds' signature and then there's the other guy's signature which doesn't detract or erase from Bonds' signature IMO.

Same value still. Although I'm sure many would disagree.
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Padres19 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:40 pm

It is iffy about decreasing the value of the ball. If you are going to keep it for your collection, then it doesn't matter. If you planning on selling it, you have to find someone who likes all three players, which could be hard.

In my opinon, it does. Those three have no realation to each other except that they play the same sport. If for some reason they all reached a milestone, like 20,000 points or something, it would help[like a 500 Home Run ball], but seeing as they have no relation, it would have been better off just to have LeBron.

As for getting a COA for it, LeBron is a toughy, I dont think PSA will even do it, but I could be wrong.

Like mentioned above, e-mail me. I can give you more information on getting a proper COA and maybe an avenue of where to sell it.

Also, not sure where you got the $600 figure for LeBron, but his price has gone down[due to the fact it is not basketball season I am sure], but if you check ebay[which is not the best place to look or sell, but it gives you a good idea of what the market is] in the last two weeks, his most expensive ball was $434.99, but that comes from UDA[They have an exclusive contract w/ LeBron].
[list]Classic Jerry Colmanisms
[*]"Montreal leads Atlanta by three, 5-1."
[*]"They throw Winfield out at second, but he's safe."
[*]"Johnny Grubb slides into second with a standup double."[/list:u]
Padres19
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Thrill » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:27 am

Padres19 wrote:If you are going to keep it for your collection, then it doesn't matter.

Good point. I neglected to mention that my opinions come from a collector for collecting purposes. I not big into resale, though I do sell occassionally.
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:02 pm

The Thrill wrote:
Padres19 wrote:If you are going to keep it for your collection, then it doesn't matter.

Good point. I neglected to mention that my opinions come from a collector for collecting purposes. I not big into resale, though I do sell occassionally.

I would have mentioned that as well but figured that he would sell it since he came here asking what it was worth. :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Padres19 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:32 pm

Good assumption, but I cant tell you how many times I have gotten people walk up to me, ask me what I think their item is worth, then just walk away after me asking if they are looking to sell it. They simply want to put a figure on the item, that way if they ever do sell it, they can say, 'Oh ya, some guy told me $2,000' or they use it for bragging rights to their friends.
[list]Classic Jerry Colmanisms
[*]"Montreal leads Atlanta by three, 5-1."
[*]"They throw Winfield out at second, but he's safe."
[*]"Johnny Grubb slides into second with a standup double."[/list:u]
Padres19
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:34 pm

Padres19 wrote:Good assumption, but I cant tell you how many times I have gotten people walk up to me, ask me what I think their item is worth, then just walk away after me asking if they are looking to sell it. They simply want to put a figure on the item, that way if they ever do sell it, they can say, 'Oh ya, some guy told me $2,000' or they use it for bragging rights to their friends.

Exactly. Another great point. ;-D Plus, that could be the difference between it going up on the wall or sitting in the closet. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby DK » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:28 pm

I'm up in the air as to if I'm going to sell it or not. Chances are I'm going to wait, after all, LeBron isn't what he's going to be yet, and if be reaches his full potential, $600 will be nothing.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby stevethumb » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:40 pm

there is a radio show on saturday mornings 8 am called the trader speaks (sporting news radio) that gives great info on collectibles..and generally speaking they say that multiple signatures such as your basketball would de-value the overall price..check out their website trdrspks.com or something similar
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby j24jags » Sun May 01, 2005 10:30 pm

one of my friends had a basketball signed by Kenyon Martin and Richard Jefferson and then for some odd reason had some cheerleaders sign it. THAT is what will kill the value of the ball.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Arlo » Mon May 02, 2005 7:06 pm

Or as Ralph Branca's wife put it: "But I'll ruin your autograph!" :-D

(Very nice and considerate person, by the way, who apparently knows the ways of autograph collectors...)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia